Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Favorite Movie quotes (Page 1)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Author Topic: Favorite Movie quotes
Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-17-2003 06:50 AM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was jsut wondering what some of everyone's favorite movie quotes are. I'm sure this topic is on here somewhere, but I couldn't find it, so here goes:

The Godfather Part II:
"I know it was you Fredo. You broke my heart.."

The Godfather Part III:
"I killed my father's son."

Fight Club:
"You are not a beautiful snowflake."
"Hitting rock bottom is not a weekend event."
"His name is Robert Paulson."

Road to Perdition:
"Michael, open your eyes, there are only murderers in this room."

Gangs of New York:
"Everything you see belongs to me, to one degree or another, the beggers, the newsboys......Everybody owes, everybody pay. Do you know why? Because that's how you stand up against the rising of the times."
"Down with the Union!!"

Dillinger:
"This could be the best day of your life, Don't make it your last."

|  IP: Logged

Dan Harris
Film Handler

- posted 08-17-2003 07:27 AM      Profile for Dan Harris   Email Dan Harris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Donnie Darko

Donnie: Why do you wear that stupid rabbit suit?
Frank: Why do you wear that stupid man suit?

Dan

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-17-2003 09:19 AM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From "The Man With Two Brains," 'Into the mud, scum queen!'

From "Gone With The Wind," 'No, But she was ruined just the same.'

There are millions more.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 08-17-2003 01:31 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Slingblade:
"No, thank ye, coffee makes me a might nervous when I drank it."

Debbie Does Dallas:
"Ungh, rrrowlgh!"
"Umph! Umph! Umph!"

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 08-17-2003 01:50 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Field of Dreams:

"I'm going to beat you with a crowbar until you go away."

Jeff Stricker
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-17-2003 02:52 PM      Profile for Jeff Stricker   Email Jeff Stricker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cool Hand Luke: Strother Martin - Born in my town and was a great character actor (Chain Gang Crew Boss): "What we have here is a failure to communicate".

Who Framed Roger Rabbit: Christopher Lloyd: "I can picture it now - a freeway where cars get on and off, restaurants where they serve rapidly prepared food, gasoline stations, new car dealerships...my God it will be beautiful!"

Jeff Stricker
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-17-2003 02:53 PM      Profile for Jeff Stricker   Email Jeff Stricker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Double post, sorry!

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-17-2003 03:48 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"We're the people you do not see. We drive your cabs, clean your rooms & suck your cock."

Dirty Pretty Things

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 08-17-2003 07:57 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a few of my favorites:

"You can't fight in here! This is the war room!"
from "Doctor Strangelove"

"It's no trick to make a lot of money -if all you want is to make a lot of money."
from "Citizen Kane"

"Put your drawers on and take your gun off."
from "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly"

"Charging a man with murder in this place was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500."
from "Apocalypse Now"

"I would kiss you, but I just washed my hair."
can't remember which Bette Davis movie originated that one, but it is a whopper of a line.

And then there's the infamous Dirty Harry speech:
"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? To tell you the truth I kinda forgot myself in all this confusion and excitement. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself just one question: Do I feel lucky? Well do ya, punk?"

As Bruce said, there's lot more great quotes.

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 08-17-2003 08:07 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Harold is greeted at the door by Emory, whose mouth is bloodied from a fight that happened moments earlier...

"Your lips are turning blue...You look like you've been rimming a snowman!"

-- From "The Boys in the Band."

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-17-2003 09:01 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Somebody's got to go back and get a whole shitload of dimes!" - Slim Pickens, Blazing Saddles

"I'm taking your train." - Robert Shaw, The Taking of Pelham One Two Three

"Mr. Greenfield! This is Officer Talmadge in boat number 5. That ain't no ordinary boat he's got there...it's got some kind of a damn rocket on it! ........ OH, SHIT!" (as his boat gets run over by Burt Reynolds in a jet boat) - from Gator

"It's 106 miles to Chicago...we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses." - John Belushi, The Blues Brothers

"You're gonna need a bigger boat." - Roy Scheider, Jaws

"I think you're all fucked in the head. We're ten hours from the fuckin' fun park and you want to bail out. Well, I'll tell you something. This is no longer a vacation. It's a quest! It's a quest for fun. I'm gonna have fun and you're gonna have fun. We're all gonna have so much fuckin' fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our goddamn smiles! You'll be whistling 'Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah' out of your assholes! I gotta be crazy! I'm on a pilgrimage to see a moose. PRAISE MARTY MOOSE! Holy shit!" - Chevy Chase, National Lampoon's Vacation

"You know when I was nineteen, Grandpa took me on a rollercoaster. Up, down, up, down ... what a ride. I always wanted to go again. You know, it was just interesting to me that a ride could make me so, so frightened, so scared, so sick, so excited, and so thrilled, all together. Some didn't like it. They went on the merry-go-round. That just goes around. Nothing. I like the rollercoaster. You get more out of it." - Grandma, Parenthood

George Roher
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-17-2003 10:01 PM      Profile for George Roher   Email George Roher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ghostbusters:
"Back off man, I'm a scientist"
"The flowers are still standing"

Murder By Death:
"Say your goddamn pronouns"

The Party:
"Please remain connected to the telephone"

Airplane:
"Oh Stewardess, I speak jive"

A Shot In The Dark:
"You'll catch your death of cold"
"Yes, I probably will but that's all part of life's rich pageant"

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-18-2003 12:22 AM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Citizen Kane:
"Yes, I know I lost a million dollars this year and I plan to lose a million dollars next year and the year after that. At that rate, I'll have to close this place down....in sixty years."

Pulp Fiction:
"I don't know if it's worth $5 but its a a pretty F*cking good milkshake."

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 08-18-2003 04:11 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"In that case, if I were you, IŽd have to kill myself."
Col. Nicholson (Alec Guiness) in "The Bridge on the River Kwai"

"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am."
Darth Vader (the voice of J.E.Jones) in "Return of the Jedi" (also known to people with no taste as "Episode VI")

Peter Kerchinsky
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-18-2003 04:41 AM      Profile for Peter Kerchinsky   Email Peter Kerchinsky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"The zoot suiters are rioting in the streets."
"Don't bother me with that, it's a police issue, I'm watching Dumbo"

"I'm shocked, shocked to find there's gambling going on in here" "Your winnings sir,............oh thank you"

"Of all the gin joints, in all the towns in the world, she has to walk into mine"

"What's with the camera Wang, this is only the parking lot"

"They'll have to kill me with a silver bullet."

"It's the stuff dreams are made of."

Hey mister, spare a fellow American for a meal"

"Last night I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How an elephant got into my pajamas I'll never know."

"Ladies an gentlemen of the jury, Chico;inni may look like an idiot, talk like an idiot and act like an idiot, but believe me, he is an idiot."

So much for this. I'll let you all fiqure out the films. Have fun.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: