Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Member Signature's Explained... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Member Signature's Explained...
Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 08-17-2003 07:05 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
With apologies in advance to those quoted. Just thoughts on some of the sigs I see on here...

"Better Projection Pays!" Pays who? Certainly NOT the projectionist!

"Experience is inversly proportional to the amount of the equipment ruined!" Actually I have found that "Experience is DIRECTLY proportional to the amount of equipment ruined."

"...Which means that all men are homosexuals!" Yeah, sure. Now where is that turnip truck you just fell off of?

"Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker" Maybe, but "Candy is dandy and liquor is quicker, but sex wont rot your teeth."

"Shouting is the effort of a limited mind to express itself." Or when dealing with fu*king stupid people!

"Forget you guys. I am going to build my own theme park with blackjack and hookers. In fact, forget the theme park." Now that sounds like a plan.

"UGLINESS, n. A gift of the gods to certain women, entailing virtue without humility." How sexist! That also applies to guys!

"Place ice in Shaker pour in dry vermouth, Shake, Pour out vermouth. Pour in Gin. Shake. Pour into Martini Glass add three cocktail onions. Welcome to Heaven." Now, who can argue with THAT!?

"Film is made of silver, video is made of rust" Sounds like a motto from some "other" website.

etc...

>>> Phil

|  IP: Logged

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 08-17-2003 09:35 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fank use Fill, Eye's vant use to ka Ka K-no I a-a-a prec e ate, Da ki end woird's. [Smile]

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 08-17-2003 11:26 AM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah yeah yeah Phil... You're right, my ugliness quote also applies to you! [Smile] Only in that Rambo get-up tho...

Josh Jones
Redhat

- posted 08-17-2003 12:29 PM      Profile for Josh Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Josh Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must be doing pretty good. I was quoted twice [Wink]

Josh

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 08-17-2003 01:23 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HAHA! Phil, it pays the theatre owners... and they get that free from the projectionist! I think that's the way it's supposed to work.
[Big Grin] [Razz]

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 08-17-2003 05:50 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My signature at another sight was "Signatures are Stupid".

Really. I see some that are supposed to be witty and funny or whatnot. Who cares? Why do I want to read the same stupid one liner every time you post? Am I supposed to chuckle each time as well?

One thing I like about vBulletin forum software is the option in the user control panel to turn off the viewing of other people's signature. That kicks ass. That way you only see the relevant text in the post. vBulletin is also cool because it places a little black dot next to the threads you have posted in. vBulletin is still even more cool because you can you can, for example, view the site at work and see the threads with new posts highlighted (similar to the red folders here). When you get home and access the forum from a different computer, only the threads that have been updated since you looked at it from work are highlighted. UBB relies on individual cookies in each browser to tell it when you last had access. So if you haven't been to Film-Tech in a month on a certain computer, it'll think ALL the threads are new, even though you've looked at the site every 10 seconds on a different computer. UBB leaves much to be desired. Get crackin' Daryl!

Sorry I drifted so much from the topic. [Smile]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 08-17-2003 07:30 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Daryl, how many cases of nacho chips do you need for the job?

By the way, it was Daryl who hacked in the smaller type size for signatures. I just skip over them personally.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 08-17-2003 09:00 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Rach: That ain't my "Rambo" gear... That's what I wear to go to the grocery market. M-60 machine guns and M-79 gernade launchers and wearing bullets are necessary here.

I live in Los Angeles ya know! [Razz]

>>> Phil

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 08-17-2003 09:18 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rachel - you are not ugly. Beauty comes from within. We are all unique, like snowflakes.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 08-17-2003 10:56 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Find the beauty within"? That's insulting. If someone said that to me I'd ask "Why you callin' me ugly? You are telling me that I need to find beauty elsewhere since I don't have it externally." Snowflakes are boring until they all start piling up on eachother and create 4 feet of crazy snow! [Smile]

Phil, do you also have the cigarette in your mouth when you go to the store as well?

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 08-17-2003 11:19 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, that's not a cig. It's the last one of my buck-teeth before I had it removed...

>>> Phil

Steven Privett
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-30-2003 10:49 AM      Profile for Steven Privett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
everyone go get a new forum signature. www.coolsig.com

it has funny answering machine messages too: Hi! Dave's answering machine is broken. This is his refrigerator. Please speak very slowly, and I'll stick your message to myself with one of these magnets.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-30-2003 12:20 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Funny answering machine messages" are the quickest way to get me to slam the phone WITHOUT leaving a message.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 08-30-2003 02:35 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"Funny answering machine messages" are the quickest way to get me to slam the phone WITHOUT leaving a message.
That as well as people who read verbatim the example outgoing announcement from the answering machine's manual. We all know how answering machines work now! We know to wait until after the beep to begin talking. Don't insult us.

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 08-30-2003 07:25 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think answering machines are stupid unless they are announce-only.

Caller ID is a much, much better solution.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: