Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Favorite quotes from anywhere! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Favorite quotes from anywhere!
Gracia L. Babbidge
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-26-2003 02:15 PM      Profile for Gracia L. Babbidge   Author's Homepage   Email Gracia L. Babbidge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I felt inspired after the thread of favorite movie quote.

So what are some film-techers' favorite quotes??

A few of mine...

"Mass hypnosis. In a very orthodox form known as 'education'." ~Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance (Robert M. Pirsig)

"We're all strangers again! Folks, I"ve just forgot the biggest gumption trap of all. The funeral procession! The one everybody's in, this hyped-up, fuck-you, supermodern, ego style of life that thinks it owns this country. We've been out of it for so long I'd forgotten all about it." ~Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance (Robert M. Pirsig)

"Woke up this morning to the stinging lash,
Every man rise from the ash,
Each betrayal begins with trust,
Every man returns to dust," ~Farmhouse (Phish)

"There is only one thing that arouses animals more than pleasure, and that is pain." ~the Name of the Rose (Umberto Eco)

"Because learning does not consist only of knowing what we must or we can do, but also of knowing we could and perhaps should not do." ~the Name of the Rose (Umberto Eco)

'Three fingers hold the pen, but the whole body works.' ~random ancient proverb

"Had I not known that I was dead, I would have mourned my loss of life." ~a 13th century monk

"Mothers are the necessity of invention!" ~'Calvin' of Bill Waterson's Calvin and Hobbes

"Artists can color the sky red because they know it is blue. Those of us who aren't artists must color things the way they really are or people might think we're stupid." ~Jules Feiffer

"Love is an evil trick that nature plays on people to get them to breed." ~???

"Tell him I've been too fucking busy - or vice versa." ~Dorothy Parker

"When choosing between two evils, I always choose the one I haven't tried before." ~Mae West

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." ~'Qui-Gon Jinn', the Phantom Menace

"Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum"
(I think I think therefore I think I am) ~"Velocia"

[Big Grin]

|  IP: Logged

Sam Hunter
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-26-2003 02:21 PM      Profile for Sam Hunter   Email Sam Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I tell ya, I get no respect"

Rodney Dangerfield

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 08-26-2003 03:06 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"If it works, don't fix it."
- unknown

"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen."
- unknown

"Take care of the shop, and the shop will take care of you."
- Benjamin Franklin

"It's people! Soylent Green is people!!"
"Damn you all to hell!"
- Charlton Heston

Gordon Bachlund
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-26-2003 06:40 PM      Profile for Gordon Bachlund   Author's Homepage   Email Gordon Bachlund   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"When you step on toes today, be sure they are not connected to an ass you may have to kiss tomorrow."

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-26-2003 07:10 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite quote of all time is:

"Wherever you leak, the world hangs a bucket." - Gallagher

Sean M. Grimes
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-27-2003 02:07 AM      Profile for Sean M. Grimes   Author's Homepage   Email Sean M. Grimes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"That's not an accent, that's a lack of syllables!" [Razz] Myself.

Jeff Stricker
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-27-2003 06:48 AM      Profile for Jeff Stricker   Email Jeff Stricker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"He lived DOWN to my expectations" annon

Gordon Bachlund
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-27-2003 05:52 PM      Profile for Gordon Bachlund   Author's Homepage   Email Gordon Bachlund   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"He has delusions of adequacy." -anon.

William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-28-2003 01:16 AM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Strike smartly with spanner."

-- Factory workshop manual instructions for brake master cylinder repair for I think the Jag E-type

Don Bruechert
Mmmmmmmmm, bird!

- posted 08-28-2003 10:59 AM      Profile for Don Bruechert   Author's Homepage   Email Don Bruechert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kudos on the Soylent Green one!

"Those of you who think you know ALL about EVERYTHING are very annoying to those of us who do"

"He's a legend in his own mind"

"He who fart in church sit in own pew"

"Avoid hangovers ... Wear a bra"

"Do as I say, not as I do" ~most parental units!

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-28-2003 05:53 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you ever notice you never seem to get laid on Thanksgiving? I think it's because all the coats are on the bed. - George Carlin

And another Carlin: The reason the mainstream is referred to as a "stream" is because of its shallowness.

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-28-2003 06:18 PM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"It's been my lifelong ambition to be a movie usher, and I have failed, as far as I am concerned" - Bob Dylan

Jerry: You ever tell anyone you loved them before?
George: Once, to a dog. He licked himself and left the room.

"Get down!" Arnold Schwartzenegger

"A special effect is a tool, a means of telling a story. A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing." George Lucas

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." Moulin Rouge

"Everyman dies, not everyman really lives." Braveheart

Jesse August
Film Handler

- posted 08-28-2003 08:19 PM      Profile for Jesse August   Email Jesse August   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
" Keep on, keeping on."

Nic Margherio
Film Handler

- posted 08-28-2003 08:57 PM      Profile for Nic Margherio   Email Nic Margherio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Fuck it Dude, let's go bowling"

-Walter Sobchack (John Goodman)

Dean Kollet
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-28-2003 10:01 PM      Profile for Dean Kollet   Email Dean Kollet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined" Henry David Thoreau

"We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for..." Robin Williams in Dead Poet's Society (can you tell I'm an English Major?)

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." -Frank Sinatra

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..." Albert Einstein

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: