Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » I Opened A Can-O-Monster-Garage-Worms!

Author Topic: I Opened A Can-O-Monster-Garage-Worms!
Will Kutler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-30-2003 06:13 PM      Profile for Will Kutler   Email Will Kutler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is anyone familiar with Jesse James and his show "Monster Garage" on The Discovery Channel?

Anyhow, this show has its on web-site and a large forum like FT.

Under the Monsterous Ideas forum, I posted a new topic about constructing a mobile 35mm portable drive in theatre. It has gotten quite a few hits.

BTW, I also posted a link to FT, so people could be impressed by us talanted "gearheads" on FT! [Big Grin] [Wink]

WWW.Monstergarage.com

I think that is it, otherwise it will come up under the general search engine.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-30-2003 06:34 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a big fan of Monster Garage. Some very skillful people there.

I like the idea of a mobile drive-in theatre. Be aware, though, that in interviews, Jesse claims he doesn't take any suggestions from the net. Still, it could happen.

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 09-30-2003 07:58 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
were is the forum section. THe link provided does not take me to anything with a forums section on it. Were is it?

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-30-2003 11:44 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monster Garage

That's the site with the forum.

If you want Jesse James to have the mobile drive-in ont he show, you better figure out a way to have it project while the car is going 90mph.

However, he might like the idea of being able to blast someone with the light of a 2k watt xenon bulb when they tailgate you. [Big Grin]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: