Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Monster Garage Premiere Sceening at The Docks Drive-In Theater in Toronto

Author Topic: Monster Garage Premiere Sceening at The Docks Drive-In Theater in Toronto
Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 09-30-2003 10:12 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.exn.ca/monstergarage/

quote:

See Discovery Channel’s mad-man of Monster Garage in the flesh!

Television's most famous "outlaw" mechanic is coming to Canada. Jesse James, host of Discovery Channel's #1 hit series Monster Garage is appearing in person AND on the big screen at The Docks Drive-in Theater in Toronto. Join him for an exclusive screening of an all-new Monster Garage episode, one night only, on Wednesday, October 8.

Bring your hot rod, your custom car, your modified mechanical dream machine, even the family caravan, or just yourself to The Docks and gear up for some mayhem... Monster Garage style.

Gates open at 4pm, the exclusive premiere screening of Monster Garage is at 7 p.m.
Craig Venn from Derringer In The Morning on Classic Rock Q107 will host the event.

MS300, click to see what's inside

Jesse's plan is to turn the mother of all drive-ins into the monster of all garages. He'll be handing out some Monster giveaways including posters, t-shirts and the like, and one person will go home with a fully loaded Mac tool set, just like the ones awarded each week on Monster Garage.

The Docks Drive-in Theater space is limited. Please let us know if you can come! RSVP here.

When you send your email, you'll receive all the details you need, including directions to the drive-in at the Docks.

See you there...

|  IP: Logged

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

- posted 10-01-2003 02:09 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now I remember why I posted this.

Does anybody (Dave?) know how this screening is being projected?

Are they having a print struck, or are they using some videoish setup?

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

- posted 10-06-2003 12:48 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody know how they're presenting this on Wednesday?

Please don't make me pickup the phone... I'm outta minutes. [Frown]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 10-06-2003 04:02 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Email me your questions and the phone number and I'll call 'em for ya.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

- posted 10-06-2003 05:03 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just jokin' Brad... I was just wondering if anybody knew how it was being shown so I knew if it was worth draggin' my but over there to see it.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 10-08-2003 08:39 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I had hoped to go but family obligations prevented it. The chance of winning the toolbox sounded pretty good to me.
If I can find out how they projected it I'll report it here. I don't know which would be more economical - a 35mm print or a video system with comparable image quality. I expect they tossed "comparable image quality" in the dumpster and used some small video projector though.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: