Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Do You Think the Moon Landing was a Hoax? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Do You Think the Moon Landing was a Hoax?
Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 10-05-2003 11:02 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have seen lots of reports and shows about the moon landing being a hoax. I carefully looked at each piece of evidence they presented. Looking at all of this information, I became even MORE convinced that we did indeed land on the moon. What do you believe?

Why do others think it was a hoax? Is it just hard for them to believe we could accomplish such a feat?

PS - Not sure if this should go in Yak or in Political Arena. Taking my chances in Yak first.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-05-2003 11:11 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think we did but there's alot of questions that the conspiracy theorists provide that are interesting, like why when the rocket landed, was there no disturbance under it (this is going by memory from the fox documentary a while back). Also, I think faking a moon landing by creating it on a soundstage or something similar, would have too many people involved, surely someone over the years would have broken silence.

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-05-2003 11:27 PM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think it was a hoax.

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-05-2003 11:58 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think anyone who believes that it was a hoax should go into the Some people are too gullible topic.

It's amazing how many people hear things and never question it. "The guy on TV said we didnt go to the moon, so we didn't."

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 10-06-2003 12:44 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Next they'll try to say that Tom Hanks didn't really go to the moon in Apollo 13.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 10-06-2003 01:33 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He didn't. Have you SEEN the movie? He went around it.

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 10-06-2003 01:52 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Is it just hard for them to believe we could accomplish such a feat?

You couldn`t. It was the rocket technology of Wernherr von Braun and his team that made the moon trips possible - based on the research and development projects that had carried rockets assembled by KZ prisoners into London.

William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-06-2003 02:04 AM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It was the rocket technology of Wernherr von Braun and his team
A bunch of shade-tree mechanics in Huntsville, Alabama.

"Dewayne get yore ass offa that damn simulator and come on with that cheater bar!"

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 10-06-2003 03:08 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
William, what's up with all of the useless posts lately?

Michael, by "we" I meant "humans".

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 10-06-2003 04:55 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Yous are all soooo gullible. The whole moon landing was all done on a soundstage here at Fox in Hollywood. I have a friend who's mom knows a grip that was there and told her. She is an emergency-room nurse so I know it's all factual and reliable information.

And Mike, while Wernherr may have been the father of modern rockets, he certainly was no brainiac. His best move was to replace the manual lighting of the fuse with a Zippo for remote electric ignition.

>>> Phil

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 10-06-2003 06:57 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is no question that we did land on the Moon. I have seen the Moon rocks that were brought back. Therefor it is true.

I have a friend who is an emergency room doctor in Los Angeles and he told me that all the nurses on every shift have never been able to tell the truth.

Imagine that.

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 10-06-2003 08:18 AM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FWIW -- when I read "we" I also inferred "mankind" but -- since Michael is determined to take us through it -- I have to chime in and say that a lot of American vision, ingenuity and manpower went into the lunar landing. That cannot be understated.

To date, the accomplishment of the USA in space exploration has not been topped -- or even matched, for that matter -- by any other country.

But, as Neil Armstrong put it:

"That's one small step for a man; one giant leap for mankind."

And, since somebody mentioned Apollo 13, I think that mission is important as it demonstrates the scope of just how intelligent, flexible and well-prepared NASA was.

If, as some have indeed suggested, the lunar landings were faked then why would they bother doing repeat visits? Why would they go to the trouble of doing it all over again? And why would they have chosen to "visit" other parts of the moon when they could've gotten away with reusing the same set? It doesn't make any sense.

If the landings were faked then why go through the entire ordeal of bringing the Apollo 13 crew back alive?

Capricorn One , anybody?

Oh...and I suppose the Space Shuttle program is a fake, too? That technology doesn't just come out of thin air. It evolves. If the lunar landings did not happen then a lot of what we are witnessing today shouldn't be happening, either. Like the probes on Mars or the photos from Voyager and Hubble.

I guess there are people who don't believe those photos are real, either.

As someone suggested -- there would be far too many people with the "real story" to keep something like that a secret.

I suppose all those nurses in emergency rooms were probably the same ones who pulled the gerbil out of Richard Gere's ass, right?

Greg Mueller
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-06-2003 09:43 AM      Profile for Greg Mueller   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Mueller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"...like why when the rocket landed, was there no disturbance under it..."

Actually there was, it just looks different in a no atmosphere situation.
What we're used to seeing is a bunch of dust and debris being blown up into the "AIR" which then supports the dust and debris as it (relatively) slowly settles back to earth. Without the air to support it, the dust and debris drops like a rock back to the moon. People just aren't used to seeing it this way and mistake what they see.

Have we been to the moon? You bet. I was there just the other day

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 10-06-2003 09:49 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it wasn't for the space missions of the 60's and early 70's you wouldn't have microwave ovens today.

One reason you didn't see a lot of disturbance when the lander landed is because of lack of atmosphere on the moon.

Why do people want to question these things? I am guessing these are the same people who claim that Andy Kauphman and Elvis are living together in some undisclosed location. [Big Grin]

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 10-06-2003 12:58 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kodak played a large role in paving the way for, and documenting, space exploration: [Smile]

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/government/ias/heritage/orbiter.shtml

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/government/ias/heritage/apollo11.shtml

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/government/ias/heritage/surveyor.shtml

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/government/ias/heritage/rover.shtml

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/government/ias/heritage/quickbird.shtml

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/government/ias/heritage/ikonos.shtml

Art Cosgrove, one of the lead engineers on the Kodak Lunar Orbiter program, is one of my co-workers.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: