Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Ass-Washer Toilet Seat (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Ass-Washer Toilet Seat
Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 10-17-2003 04:50 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't believe it! I just saw a tv commercial for this toilet seat that sprays your ass with water so you can "feel clean all day" and then just dry with TP. WTF?

They will even send you a free "video". Huh? Does it show a bunch of dirty AH's being "sprayed" clean? JFC! What next!?

>>> Phil

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 10-17-2003 04:51 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Why don't you buy one and give us a report?

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 10-17-2003 04:51 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haven't those existed for years? I remember seeing one in the original Crocodile Dundee. He was puzzled by it and it was never explained what the upwards stream of water was for.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 10-17-2003 04:53 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Brad, sit on this... [fu]

Yes Joe, but I've never seen it advertised in "public"... [Big Grin]

>>> Phil

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 10-17-2003 04:54 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
...deleted duplicate post...

>>> Phil

Sam Hunter
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-17-2003 09:24 AM      Profile for Sam Hunter   Email Sam Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if the nozzle thingy will point up? This could be a benefit to some twisted types [evil]

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-17-2003 09:28 AM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's called a bidet (pronounced bee-DAY) and it's typically a separate fixture than the toilet.

bidet - a bathroom fixture used especially for bathing the external genitals and the anal region. (Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, 11th Edition)

I've never seen one anywhere I've been.

"Bidet" was a French word meaning "small horse". Maybe they're more common in France.

Wow! Some of these threads, like this one and the peanut butter and jelly one are getting better than the chat room!

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-17-2003 10:19 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phil,
Run over to Home Depot, they sell them there...about 750.00 or thereabouts. I was in St. George, UT last week and saw one there mounted in position ready for action. I guess with all the old farts living down there that can't reach around behind it makes sense for that Home Depot to stock them.
Mark

Paul Cassidy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-17-2003 11:40 AM      Profile for Paul Cassidy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Cassidy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seems the Japanese are trying to Temp the USA customers to try the their New combined units , but are having problems doing so...

By Bob Masullo -- Bee Staff Writer
Published 2:15 a.m. PDT Saturday, October 11, 2003
"The trouble with selling these things is that they're so hard to explain," says Brian Iwase of Fair Oaks, a distributor of Smart Seat personal hygiene systems.
He's talking about Japanese bidets. Unlike European bidets, which are stand-alone fixtures, Smart Seat Hygiene Systems are added to conventional toilets.

Iwase is confident that even though European-style bidets have not caught on in America, there is a future here for the Japanese bidet.

"In Japan, people began using this type of bidet more than a quarter-century ago, and today seven out of 10 homes and almost all commercial sites have them there," says Iwase.

He says about 500 have been installed in the Sacramento area. Customers include Sacramento County Supervisor Illa Collin, who first saw one in Japan. Several Sacramento-area Japanese restaurants have them in their bathrooms.

Collin spotted one at a trade show in Japan about five years ago. "Then I noticed they were in my hotel bathroom," she says. "They were in restaurant bathrooms. In fact, they were in bathrooms everywhere I went in Japan. I tried them and liked them. By the time I came back to the states, I knew I wanted one in my home."

A Japanese bidet replaces the toilet's original seat and lid. Water pressure and temperature are regulated by a control panel attached to the seat or mounted on a wall.

They cost between $339 and $729, depending on brand and optional features such as heated and "slam-proof" seats, according to Midori Lane, one of Iwase's associates.

Do-it-yourselfers can attach them to existing toilets, she says. (Smart Seat charges $30 for installation.) If there is no electric outlet near the toilet, Smart Seat will arrange to have one put in for about $60.

Guests who visit Collin's home react favorably to the Japanese bidet, but there is one drawback:

"I have to tutor them a little before they can use it," she says. "But once they get the hang of it, they love it. It's prompted an unbelievable number of humorous conversations."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For more information on Smart Seat bidets, contact Brian Iwase at (916) 705-0909 or Midori Lane at (916) 296-1165.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bee's Bob Masullo can be reached at (916) 321-1118 or bmasullo@sacbee.com.

Jeffry L. Johnson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-17-2003 01:36 PM      Profile for Jeffry L. Johnson   Author's Homepage   Email Jeffry L. Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
R. Crumb's Tommy Toilet

Flushable moist wipes are a beautiful thing!

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 10-17-2003 02:13 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I have seen many of these combined bidet and toilets in Japan. The funny thing in Japan is that they have both western style toilets and traditional Japanese toilets which are basically an elevated level with a long U shaped basin. You don`t sit down on them, but stand over them.
Now, a lot of the western style toilets have pictograms on them showing the correct (sitting) position and and another which shows that you are not supposed to stand (!) on the rim like you would with a Japanese toilet.

Learn how to use Japanese toilets! Interactive!
Make sure you click each picture. You can even learn how to use a urinal.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 10-17-2003 02:29 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark, I've seen those seats as well as the "full-size" bidet many times in my travels to Japan and Europe. That was not my point.

I was commenting on the fact of a "squeeky-clean" TV ad and the free "demo" video tape. [Roll Eyes]

I must admit the 1st time I saw a bidet, I thought it was a drinking fountain for one's dog. [Wink]

>>> Phil

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-17-2003 04:11 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phil,
I once stayed in a posh Miami Beach hotel suite while working on some stupid Eddie Murphy film I can't even remember. My room there had a Bidet in it. Turned it on to see what it did and a stream just came straight up..... Surely would make a great dog fountain [thumbsup] .
Mark

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 10-17-2003 05:22 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe so, BUTT Don't push the "ATR" button. [thumbsup] [Big Grin]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 10-17-2003 05:30 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
"Automatic Tongue Retriever" ? [evil]

Or "Automatic Tampax Remover"? [Razz]

>>> Phil

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: