Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Sequels 2004 and beyond

Author Topic: Sequels 2004 and beyond
Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 10-22-2003 04:54 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Herewith, a sequel to last year's list of upcoming sequels. I think 2005 is looking a lot better than '04 at this point. (see bottom half of list)

Exorcist: The Beginning (2/6)
Barbershop 2 (2/6)
Kill Bill Vol. 2 (2/20) - not exactly a sequel, but what the hell.
Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights (2/13)
Agent Cody Banks 2 (3/12)
Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed (3/26)
The Whole Ten Yards (4/9)
Shrek 2 (5/21)
Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban (6/4)
Riddick (sequel to Pitch Black) (6/11)
Spider-Man 2 (aka The Amazing Spider-Man) (7/2)
The Bourne Supremacy (sequel to The Bourne Identity) (7/23)
Mad Max: Fury Road (7/23)
Blade: Trinity (August)
Alien vs. Predator (summer '04)
The Ring 2 (11/10)
Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason (November)
Be Cool (sequel to Get Shorty) (November)
Oceans Twelve (12/10)
Resident Evil 2: Apocalypse (sometime in 2004)

And a few others further down the pike:
Anacondas (sequel to Anaconda) (no date set yet)
Mission Impossible 3 (late 2004 or 2005)
Star Wars Episode III (5/25/2005)
XXX2 (without Vin Diesel!) (June 2005)
Jurassic Park IV (July 2005)
Batman 5 (Summer 2005)
Indiana Jones IV (Summer 2005)
Untitled James Bond (Sometime in 2005)
X-Men 3 (Sometime in 2006)
Gladiator 2 (2005 or 2006)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (in development)
Pirates of the Caribbean II (in development)
Daredevil 2 (in development)
Elektra (spinoff of Daredevil) (in development)
Scary Movie 4 (in development)

|  IP: Logged

Eric Hooper
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-22-2003 05:58 PM      Profile for Eric Hooper   Email Eric Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Riddick (sequel to Pitch Black) (6/11)

Oooooh. I can't wait. [thumbsup]

Kyle Watkins
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-22-2003 06:19 PM      Profile for Kyle Watkins   Email Kyle Watkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do we really need another Jurassic Park? [Roll Eyes] If you seen one you seen them all.

Luciano Brigite
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-22-2003 09:38 PM      Profile for Luciano Brigite   Email Luciano Brigite   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Someone could tell them that if they're going to do another crap like they did in JP3, that they don't need to waste their ( and then our) time with it..
I'm a big JP fan..really liked the first two, hated the 3rd so much that was one of the films I "did wrong" on purpose.

Nate Lehrke
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-22-2003 10:50 PM      Profile for Nate Lehrke   Email Nate Lehrke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A while back, I heard that they were going to make a sequel to Boondock Saints (one of my favorite movies [Smile] ).

Anyone heard this or did I just make it up?

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 10-22-2003 11:18 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason (November)
OH OH OH!!! Awesome book!!!! [Big Grin]

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-23-2003 12:47 AM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had my fill of sequels this summer.
The only movies that I have any interest in on that list is:

MI3
Episode 3
and Oceans 12
(would say Kill Bill, but of course it isn't a sequel)

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 10-23-2003 03:03 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am looking forward to batman actually. I don't believe you can really call it a sequel. It is bieng written and directed by Darren Aranofsky, (PI,Requem for a dream), and is bieng taken from a different angle and approach. If you have seen Darrens films, then you get a really good idea about what kind of film this is..

Of course then there is the McG directed Superman movie.. OH YEAH, he is back on the project baby..... DAMN and I had hope for that one.

Dave

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 10-23-2003 10:40 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is also going to be a 3rd sequal in the bourne series. The bourne ultimatum I believe is the title.

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 10-23-2003 11:31 AM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Exorcist: The Beginning
isn't this a prequel rather than a sequel? [Wink]

quote:
Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights
This is a remake (re-direction) of the original, not a sequel to it.

-Aaron

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-24-2003 08:11 AM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aaron, you are correct. Exorcist: The Beginning is a prequel.

The Bourne Supremacy is logically not a sequel -- it's adapted from the novel of the same name. This also would hold true for The Bourne Ultimatum if it becomes a movie.

OTOH we'd rather see Bennifer do Gigli 2. [Big Grin]

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 10-24-2003 08:18 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure how logical that really is since the novel is a sequel to the first novel.

chapters.indigo Review

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: