Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Movie's you've walked out of... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Movie's you've walked out of...
Eric Hooper
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-24-2003 11:32 AM      Profile for Eric Hooper   Email Eric Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Four for me in my lifetime:

1. Jawbreaker
2. Final Destination
3. Charlie's Angels

4. CAT IN THE HAT

[puke]

|  IP: Logged

Betsie Beadling
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-24-2003 11:46 AM      Profile for Betsie Beadling   Email Betsie Beadling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Disneys Dinosaur

Mitchell Dvoskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-24-2003 12:00 PM      Profile for Mitchell Dvoskin   Email Mitchell Dvoskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dusty And Sweets McGee

AllMovie Guide

The only movie that I have ever paid to see and walked out of. Two hours of watching drug addicts shooting up to a rock'n'roll soundtrack.

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 11-24-2003 12:28 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A couple movies I loathed and walked out on:

Sweet Home Alabama
Charlie's Angels Full Throttle

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-24-2003 12:33 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I never walk out of movies but I do fall asleep if they are boring:

Godzilla 2000
Emperor's new groove
Pokemon (one of the 5)
Enigma

[ 11-24-2003, 05:16 PM: Message edited by: Chris Hipp ]

Dan Harris
Film Handler

- posted 11-24-2003 02:05 PM      Profile for Dan Harris   Email Dan Harris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Walked out of 'The Core', fell asleep during 'Mission to Mars', starting dozing off halfway through 'The Hulk', but my girlfriend woke me up!

Robert E. Allen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-24-2003 02:48 PM      Profile for Robert E. Allen   Email Robert E. Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would have walked out on "Me, Myself And Irene" and "Training Day" except they were both showing in my living room. So I threw the tapes away. Foulest movies I've ever seen.

Sean M. Grimes
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-24-2003 02:49 PM      Profile for Sean M. Grimes   Author's Homepage   Email Sean M. Grimes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There has been one and only one movie that I have ever walked out of-

Never Been Kissed (uggghhhh. I don't even have the energy to get started on this piece of trash) [puke]

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-24-2003 03:34 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I walked out of Waking the Dead. I was going to walk out of South Park, but I had someone with me and didn't want to spoil their fun.

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-24-2003 03:50 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Walked Out:
Where the Buffalo Roam

Should have walked out:
Rabbit Test (Billy Crystal as a pregnant man, written by Joan Rivers)
Nothing But Trouble (Aykroyd, John Candy, Demi Moore, Chevy Chase)

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-24-2003 04:35 PM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing but Trouble certainly wasn't the funniest movie I've ever seen but I thought it was pretty entertaining. Same goes with Emperor's New Groove.

*shrugs*
I should have walked out of Species II but like others who had already posted I had people with me.

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 11-24-2003 04:35 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
See also these threads:

What's the worst movie ,that getting paid to watch,it is still not worth it?
What's the WORST movie you had to run?
Worst movie ever made
HELP! Please someone save us from Hollywood!

and last, but not least
Guilty pleasures

Pravin Ratnam
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-24-2003 06:16 PM      Profile for Pravin Ratnam   Email Pravin Ratnam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Walked out of Grinch. Technically, it wasnt a real walkout. I was there to see another movie, but it was sold out, so I had to wait 40 minutes for the next show. I decided to watch Grinch which i had no intention of watching normally until the next show started. After 15 min I decided to walk to the lobby and just wait for my movie. It was weird too because when i walked out the theater was totally empty. Why not just turn off the projector bulb and sound when running the movie to an empty house.

Another movie I nearly walked out of was the Shadow. Fortunately i was tired and just fell asleep.

Ron Lacheur
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-24-2003 06:20 PM      Profile for Ron Lacheur   Email Ron Lacheur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Never have walked out on a film before but Daredevil was pushing the envelope.

Martin Brooks
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-24-2003 07:46 PM      Profile for Martin Brooks   Author's Homepage   Email Martin Brooks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many years ago, I was dragged to Caligula and walked out once I discovered how cruel and boring the story was. I also walked out of The Cook, The Thief, The Wife, The Lover (or whatever it was called) during the scene where the stars were having sex in a truck filled with rotten meat. (Today this would be an episode of Fear Factor or something similar on TV). This film did get great reviews though.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: