Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Moderator Rudeness? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Moderator Rudeness?
Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 11-26-2003 11:36 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excuse me!

Don't you guys, Brad, Adam, Joe & Daryl, think it's rude to use your moderator's powers to keep posting to a thread that's supposed to be closed?

If you want to have a "Moderators Only" forum, OK by me! But, shutting down a thread and then using the computer privileges that you gave yourselves (collectively) to keep making replies when everybody else is not allowed is just like flaunting it in everybody else's faces.

Spawn a new thread... PM or e-mail each other. It doesn't matter to me. Private conversations ought to be kept out of public view.

Thanks.

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 11-27-2003 12:09 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like someone doesn't get the combo joke/point. [Roll Eyes]

Think about it. You'll figure it out.

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 11-27-2003 12:27 AM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was hilarious.

[Big Grin]
[Smile]
[Confused]
[Shrug]

Erick Akers
Arse Kicker

- posted 11-27-2003 01:05 AM      Profile for Erick Akers   Email Erick Akers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh [bs] Randy,

You may have stepped in it now!!!

The Wrath Of The Film Gods Will Demand A Sacrifice To Apese Them!

Kinda reminds me of a joke someone told me years ago,

While traveling the Dark jungles of Africa two wild game hunters happened upon a tribe performing a sacred ritual and were caught.

Fearing the wrath of the Gods, the keeper of their beliefs demanded a sacrifice for the hunters transgressions.

After studying the ancient text, it was clear as to what the sacrifice would be.

Two choices were given, Death, or Bunga Bunga.

One of the hunters chose Bunga Bunga, thinking anything would be better than death.

They promptly cut away all of his clothes and proceeded to violently sodomise him.

After they were finished with the first hunter, they asked the second hunter what his choice would be. After seeing what had happened to his friend, spoke up and said.

"I am a man, and I would rather die then to suffer what my friend has been put through. So if the choice is Death or
Bunga Bunga, I choose death."

Without batting an eye, The sentence was passed by the Shaman,

Death by Bunga Bunga!!!

[ 11-27-2003, 04:15 AM: Message edited by: Erick Akers ]

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-27-2003 01:22 AM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Geez Erick, you better watch out where you post, that should be in the Joke forum. Now Brad's gonna close the thread so he can talk to Adam about Randy. [Big Grin]

Thus perpetuating the elitist Film-Tech society

William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-27-2003 04:31 AM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I thought it was hilarious
You won't think it's funny when the revolution comes & we drag them screaming up the balcony & repeatedly drag their broken bodies through the frame counter.

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 11-27-2003 07:00 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Sounds like someone doesn't get the combo joke/point.

Think about it. You'll figure it out.

I agree with Randy.

I've been thinking about it all night....no sleep can't figure it out. I will ask "Coot".

Paul Goulet
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-27-2003 10:56 AM      Profile for Paul Goulet   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Goulet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm Glad someone other then myself didnt find it very funny. Thank you to Randy for bringing it up. Screw you Mod's, you should have caught it before I did, all I did was point out that it belonged in the correct post.

Paul Goulet

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 11-27-2003 11:32 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
It amuses me to no end how upset everyone is getting about us shanghaiing a thread and veering it completely off-topic with no one being able to do anything about it. We're such jerks!

Ironic, no?

You have to unroll the condom all the way, Randy. [Wink]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 11-27-2003 11:57 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"Screw you Mod's"
Amazing.

First off, how about you "offended" people put yourself in our shoes for a minute. Look around the site and see how often it is that people post random crap under inappropriate threads. Often there are replies upon replies where people even mention how off-topic their reply is, yet they post it anyway, or post in a wrong forum leaving the mess for us to clean up and organize. Some of the most common examples of this is in the movie review and feature info forum. Wake up! Those are for reviews and print data only. Lose the chit chat. Kind of ironic how the moderators took a thread on member histories and did a 180 with it, yet simply because the members cannot participate, suddenly we are being "rude".

This site takes a damned lot of effort to keep going. Without the people who are moderators, I could not possibly keep up with it on my own. Daryl, Adam and Joe do a LOT behind the scenes that help keep things online, keep those daily updates coming and keep the signal to noise ratio of the forums down. Think about that for a minute. What other site has kept a new addition to the website every single day for the last 11 months? What other website has such a low signal to noise ratio? Oh yeah, so when it comes time for us to try and make a point with some humor in the process, suddenly we are rude. You guys need to find something deserving of getting your panties in a wad over because it's not this.

Oh and before I forget, are the moderators supposed to sit and monitor every thread as soon as each reply goes up, even if the subject matter is of no interest to us? Well I've got news for you, we all try our best to keep an eye on things, but maybe we're kinda busy from time to time. Excuse us for having a life.

As for Paul's picture, anyone who doesn't send one in deserves a little nudging. Here we have Paul who has made more than a hundred posts and probably benefited from this site on many occasions, and what have we asked from him? Only one thing...a member picture submission. Has he complied with our one request? Nope! Now I am wondering why I should put up with his abuse of "screw you" to the moderators. At this point can anyone think of a solid reason for me to not kick him off of the forums until he produces a picture? I'm having a hard time finding a good reason.

Quite frankly, anyone who has not yet taken the small effort to send in their member picture does not get the level of respect that those who do. That's just the way it is.

Erick Akers
Arse Kicker

- posted 11-27-2003 04:28 PM      Profile for Erick Akers   Email Erick Akers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Guys,
I tried to warn ya! [Roll Eyes]

Shanghaiing of a closed thread doesn't bother me, we all need a way to vent frustrations. What's wrong with a little insider joke now and then.

Death By Bunga Bunga anyone? [evil]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 11-27-2003 05:35 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Best not to mess with Erick. After all as Evans pointed out, rearranging the letters in his name reveals Arse Kicker! [Big Grin]

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 11-27-2003 07:01 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've gotten pretty used to UBB and I think it serves the needs here well but I suppose one advantage to a threaded type forum (or should it be called nested threads?) would be that discussions that veer off topic can be more easily followed (and retitled) without disrupting the flow of the primary topic. But that's a minor concern.

As for pictures...I can see this both ways. It's nice to see who is who but then I can understand that some people simply don't want their pictures posted with their real name for the whole world to see. Some people refuse to use those frequent shopper discount cards at the supermarket as well because of the loss of privacy. I think that's a good analogy because those who insist on privacy do so at a loss. At the supermarket they don't get the discounts; here they have some very modest restrictions. Whether this is a good way for our society (in general, not just here) to be moving--whether you call it rewarding those who surrender some privacy or penalizing those who do not--is a question for greater minds to ponder. But it is a trend all over.

But anyway, we should all be appreciative of the site and the hard work and money that goes into running it and for free no less. I note that trainorders.com (a train buff site) is now a pay site for more than trivial access. I hope that's not the start of a trend! [Wink]

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 11-27-2003 07:40 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I feel left out! Does that mean I'm the polite mod? [evil]

Justin West
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-27-2003 07:47 PM      Profile for Justin West   Email Justin West   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes, in these cases, you wonder who's been punk'd (as Demi Moore's boyfriend would say). [Confused]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: