Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Is there anything Ian Price can't do? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Is there anything Ian Price can't do?
Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 01-06-2004 06:16 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Ian stopped by to see Young Black Stallion (why?) today and helped out a little in the Imax booth while I sat on my butt and surfed Film-Tech.

-

Everything was going fine until he tried to add a 35mm trailer to the lineup.

-

|  IP: Logged

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 01-06-2004 06:23 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You mean he forgot to add two 35mm trailers to the lineup? Silly Ian.

Hey Adam, where's your cardboard and duct tape?

-

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 01-06-2004 07:20 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Daryl! Welcome back!

Your "vacation" was a bit too long! Next time write or at least send me a postcard, huh? [Razz]

>>> Phil

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 01-06-2004 07:23 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To bad I don't have a picture of the cardboard box that used to be attached to the hood to create a baffle over the input slot

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 01-06-2004 07:55 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I learned at UA Greenwood, there are MANY things that Ian Price can't do:

1. Start a movie on time.
2. Splice in frame.
3. Take a nap without getting caught.
4. Thread in frame.
5. Get a decent wage.
6. Get more than a 7 cent increase in pay after 4 years.
7. Notice that 7 cent increase in his wage sooner than 4 months after it takes effect.

Poor Ian. But now he owns us all.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 01-06-2004 08:10 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
See Joe...you just don' t get it...Ian splices out of frame so when he threads out of frame it comes out in frame...everyone else, that threads in frame, looks like idiots.

I think it is a "tall" thing.

Steve

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 01-06-2004 09:53 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
And then we began the ultimate platter challenge!

-

-

(And this was before we went for drinks!)

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 01-06-2004 09:59 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder how many manufacturers dare bring platters to next year's ShoWest (not counting Kinoton and Strong) knowing that Ian and the video camera will be there. [evil]

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2004 02:40 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adam you have destroyed my belief in Ian's ability to levitate.

I can see the ladder in the first platter pic [Frown]

And that's not 35mm he's holding ,it's pukka 1570 stock.
It 's Ian that makes it look like 35 [Big Grin]

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 01-07-2004 03:19 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here`s one thing I am absolutely sure Ian can`t do - I share that deficiency with him - : losing weight.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 01-07-2004 08:20 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have actually seen Ian trim down a bit. So I guess you are alone there, Michael.

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2004 10:04 AM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm almost as tall as Ian, and I WISH I weighed that much. Then people wouldn't mess with me because they'd always be afraid I would beat them up at the drop of a hat! [Big Grin]

I know something Ian can't do... play in the ball pit at Chuck-E-Cheese! You must be under 48" (or is that feet?)

=TMP=

Gracia L. Babbidge
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2004 10:07 AM      Profile for Gracia L. Babbidge   Author's Homepage   Email Gracia L. Babbidge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thomas - with the ball pit at Chuck-E-Cheese - that height restriction really varies with how busy the place is and the mood of the staff. [Wink]

Dead night + mellow staff = big kids playing in the ball pit. [Big Grin]

Scott D. Neff
Theatre Dork

- posted 01-07-2004 12:11 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Author's Homepage   Email Scott D. Neff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got "benched" one time for playing too roughly at Discovery Fun Zone when I was in Hawaii with my mom and her friend's family. That was embarassing.

I'd like to see Ian sitting on a Super Platter sometime... and if it breaks we can send him around the land doing the world a favor.

And for Thomas up there... [fu] I wish I was still all tall and uber skinny. Actually, people still call me skinny, and I guess on average, I am but when you go from 6'1" 140lbs to 6'1" 175lbs -- you don't feel too damned skinny anymore. [Frown]

I need to go call Adam now and get the details about the possible shenannigans and tom-foolery comitted after drinks.

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 01-07-2004 12:40 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'd like to see Ian sitting on a Super Platter sometime
Myself and Norm (not together) have stood on Super Platters before- They can pass the 'Ian Test'...

-Aaron

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: