Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Remodeling starts in 2 weeks (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Remodeling starts in 2 weeks
William T. Parr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2004 12:35 AM      Profile for William T. Parr   Email William T. Parr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well We have a set of Blueprints in hand for remodeling our facility well at least a top level and auditorium print anyhow. Small Auditoriums will be 113 seats down from 186, and the Large will be approx 296 down from 480. Still have not heard a word about equipment package so I am prepared for the worst. An all enclusive Christie or Strong package. [Eek!] [bs] [puke]

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 01-07-2004 02:16 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! One question though, why can't you pick and choose between different pieces of equipment to end up with a better overall package?

William T. Parr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2004 07:39 AM      Profile for William T. Parr   Email William T. Parr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know I have been pushing that issue ever since they said they were going to remodel over a year ago and I put together the info package I did for them, and I have had everyone from the Company owner, to the VP of Operations, to the Head Technician tell me it was a very good and informative package with really good numbers as far as overall cost. But that was as far as the converstaions went. And I still do not know for sure what if anything I am getting in the way of equipment upgrades. So who knows at this point. But after busting my ass for close to 250 hours of research, which I was not paid for, printing with my own Ink and paper, my own money to assemble the books together with out being reimbursed. If they do not give it some really serious thought and they purcahse an all Christie or Strong package, I am OUTTA There.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 01-07-2004 08:17 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Strong still makes the Ballantyne VIP package.

[Eek!]

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 01-07-2004 08:30 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would be funny if they ended up with an all Kinoton package [thumbsup] !
Mark

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 01-07-2004 08:58 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They need a mixed package. It would be great if you could get some MiT lamphouses and give those a try.

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 01-07-2004 09:11 AM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think Strong still makes the Ballantyne VIP package.

You are a cruel man, Tim! [evil]

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2004 10:01 AM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why are your seat counts dropping so sharply? What/how exactly are you remodeling?

=TMP=

William T. Parr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2004 11:12 AM      Profile for William T. Parr   Email William T. Parr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We are going from a traditional graded slope to Stadium. The big reason the Large houses are loosing alot is to keep them within ADA compliance with out having to destroy the middle of the building to provide upstairs access. At 305 seats I believe it is an upper ADA access way would have been required. As to an All Kinoton package I did specify PK60D's and as an alteranative Platter the ST200E if the new AW3's were not to thier likings and we could not rebuild ours resonably cheap. I never have used the ST200E so I would not mind having them so I can form my own opinions about them, espicially since they hava a version out now that includes the Upper and Lower Swivel rollers, Larry sent me the model number and a Drawing of them a year ago just seems to escape me what it was now. As to other things All screens Dolby CP650 with EX, 4 biggest with 650XO/ Tri Amped/ 10 channel houses 6 biggest would also have DTS XD10's, QSC Monitor Crossovers, DSC AMPS. JBL Speakers. I did specify in my offerings that all rooms be built to the THX standard even though we are not going to do THX certifications. Kelmar Encore Dimmers Christi SLC 30 and 40 Lamphouses with the Auto Focus Mirrors, Schnieder Lenses Harkness Hall Screens Oh yeah the 6 smaller auditoriums would be standard 6 channles Bi Amped Automation CA21 of course. 8 foot equipment racks with the 4 big houses having 2 of them a piece. All totaled up to $860,000 or $86,000/auditorium to do it my way. [Cool] I also am trying to talk the Galaxy folks into Waterfall curtains in all 10 auditoriums. I have 3 Travelers currently and everyone from the coporate office who comes down just seems to be so intrigued with them I might actuallt be able to persuade them to do it. Now if I can only get the person that was recommended to give me a qoute I would really be set.

William T. Parr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-09-2004 12:54 PM      Profile for William T. Parr   Email William T. Parr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well it officially started at 8:00 a.m. this morning. A of 12:15 p.m today Auditorium 8 has been closed and the seats removed from the floor. I have taken photo's and once I figure out how to gt them into this post I will come back to edit it. Just do not have the time right now.

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 02-09-2004 01:40 PM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Todd. Where is this theater at. Maybe I can stop by and take a look-see if I go up to Austin anytime soon.

William T. Parr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-09-2004 02:20 PM      Profile for William T. Parr   Email William T. Parr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Jeremy, It is off IH35 just past hwy 290E behind Lincoln Village and the Highland Mall. The physical adress is 6700 Middle Fiskville Rd #201, but the theatre actually faces Huntland Dr approx 1/4 a block off IH35 southbound access road burried behind an Outback Steakhouse. Drop me a line before you head up and I will e mail you detailed directions or if in town already call the theatre at (512)467-6165 and I can talk you to the theatre from any area in town. As Brad can tell you my theatre is hard to see from the highway and if you do not kno where your going you can get lost in a real hurry.

Ron Lacheur
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-10-2004 02:01 AM      Profile for Ron Lacheur   Email Ron Lacheur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, 10 channels tri-amped? What JBL speakers did you list? 5674's?

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-10-2004 06:10 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmmm, gee William, that package sounds awfully familiar! [Big Grin]

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 02-10-2004 06:16 AM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, Todd, I will let you know if I am going up there anytime soon. My sister lives there, so I think she can help me find the area, if not I will call.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: