Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » A blow for freedom?

Author Topic: A blow for freedom?
Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2004 10:43 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In todays Metro
http://www.metro.co.uk/metro/weird/live/index.html?in_page_id=4

Oral sex may become legal

SINGAPORE MAY DECRIMINALISE oral sex between men and women, a government minister says, but homosexual oral sex looks set to stay illegal.

In one case detailed in the Straits Times a wife tried to punish her unfaithful husband by performing oral sex on him and then reporting him to the police.

In parliament Junior Home Affairs Minister Ho Peng Kee said the law could be revised in two to three months.

'One option being considered is to decriminalise consensual oral sex between a male and female so long as it is done in private and both of them are above 16 years of age,' Ho said on Tuesday.

But a lingering ban on homosexual fellatio could stoke controversy at time when Singapore is emerging as an Asian gay entertainment hub following the opening of a number of gay-friendly cafes and clubs. Singapore is relaxing other laws such as rules on bungee-jumping, bar-top dancing and chewing gum in a bid to shake off its stuffy image and lure foreign professionals.

quote:
Singapore is relaxing other laws such as rules on bungee-jumping, bar-top dancing and chewing gum
Now that's what I call multi tasking! [Big Grin]

Can Ian Price do all those three at once? [Eek!]

|  IP: Logged

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 01-07-2004 11:00 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If Ian Price can spin around on a Kineton platter he can do all three at once and there is no one on film-tech who can stop him.

God Speed, Ian.

Gunnar Johansson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2004 11:00 AM      Profile for Gunnar Johansson   Author's Homepage   Email Gunnar Johansson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We had the story in Metro too, but it read differently, and we were wondering who reported it to the police, now I know...
Iīm also curious to it being specific that it has to be in private. But then again if you relax the rules, people will try to test the new boudraries.
The last of my questions regards the foreign professionals being lured. Thatīs professionals dealing with oral sex, bungee jumping, chewing gum and bar-top dancing. Some of these I recognize as professions, and some I donīt. I wonder where professional gumchewers work. Might develop weird muscles after a life-time in that job. Maybe the perks are chocolate bars... Maybe I should try Singapore...
As for multitasking, I think I can do two of the three, and thatīs good enough in my book, not so much multitasking as two tasking, but I wonīt say which two...

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: