Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Are you freezing your ass off? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: Are you freezing your ass off?
Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 01-09-2004 02:30 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today it was a mild and pleasant 68 degrees (Fahrenheit that is, I have finally gotten used to that) with a bright blue and nearly cloudless sky in Southern California. It was great. I could drive around with the window all the way open. For tomorrow, they promised us 72.
Just thought I let all you nice people in those freezing cold, snowed-in locations know. What`s the weather like where you are at now? Do your hands stick to the wheel when you get in the car in the morning?

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 01-09-2004 02:34 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
It was around 60-65F today here in lovely Dallas. The nights are in the 50s. Not cold at all, just a light breeze. Easily t-shirt and jeans weather. [Smile]

It's ashamed I don't have a bike, because it's such perfect bike riding weather down here. Maybe I should get one. (Watch how long it takes for Josh to respond about his bike being locked up and Fargo being frozen over while he's freezing his ass off. [evil] )

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 01-09-2004 02:38 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's just starting to get nice. A little cooler and it'd be absolutely great skiing weather. -30F is definitely still jeans and a t-shirt weather.

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-09-2004 02:57 AM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, its good riding weather, it was fun riding a couple days ago when it was 20 degrees outside.

IT sucked riding home just now, there's a fog and the roads were super super slick. I had to go so slow.

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-09-2004 04:04 AM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now watch all the people from northern climates reply about how they don't mind the cold, below zero is perfect weather, etc. I'll let you in on a little secret:

ITS ALL BULLSHIT

Everyone hates the cold. I'm not talking mid thirties sort of 'cold,' some people do like that. No, when the thermometer goes below 20 F EVERYONE is miserable.

Right now the temps are hanging out in the teens with windchills occasionaly below 0. I hate Wisconsin.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 01-09-2004 04:39 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Dustin, [thumbsup]

That's ***EXACTLY** why I moved away from Michigan many moons ago! [beer]

Here in Hollywood today, it was a pleasent 75 degrees.

It's ashamed I don't have a bike, because it's such perfect bike riding weather down here. Maybe I should get one? [evil]

>>> Phil

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 01-09-2004 05:05 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Probably not. You would never make it back up those steep streets to your house. Then you would have to call a cab to haul you back up the hill.*

*the hill, get it? haha

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 01-09-2004 05:11 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a balmy 3 degrees here. Daryl and maybe Josh would call it "tropical."

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 01-09-2004 06:14 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Ummmm, no Mr. Schaffer, I don't get it... ???

BTW: In my post Bike = Motorcycle, NOT the type one has to manually pedal their ass off to make it move.

Also, who want's to bet that those dumbass French will propose to the IEC to change the word "motorcycle" to "motorhertz"?

>>> Phil

Floyd Justin Newton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-09-2004 06:26 AM      Profile for Floyd Justin Newton   Email Floyd Justin Newton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll bet you! And I'm half French [Wink]

fjn

William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-09-2004 06:47 AM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It will be 57 here today, but for the weekend I'll be in New Orleans where it should be about 60.

Christopher Duvall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-09-2004 07:46 AM      Profile for Christopher Duvall   Email Christopher Duvall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It has been around 50-60 during the day and around 30 at night here in Las Vegas. I am from the the DC area and this is pretty god damn nice for a winter for me. However, it just amuses the hell out of me to watch the natives here bitch about how cold they think it is. When I moved here in 2000, when it actually hit below 65 for the first time in November during the day, all the natives were breaking out the big coats and screaming that it is freezing and I would have been comfortable in shorts. Funny stuff.

Jeff Taylor
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-09-2004 08:28 AM      Profile for Jeff Taylor   Email Jeff Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was 14 degrees in NJ this morning, so all you schmucks from out west and down south can have a good laugh! I just made my reservations for Florida.

Jon Bartow
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-09-2004 08:40 AM      Profile for Jon Bartow   Email Jon Bartow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Scott, you must have the warm spot up here. My thermometer said -5 this morning. (that's five below zero)
I grew up in Maine, and let's just say that I know from personal experience that diesel fuel turns to a gel instead of a liquid at about -40, and that by adding kerosene you can drop that to about -50. I remember once growing up that they canceled school for a few days because all of the busses had had their fule turn to gel (engine heaters only heat the engine, not the fule tank!)
Jonathan

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 01-09-2004 09:03 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can live anywhere and don't even mind the snow, but the 20ft.-deep snows are a little much. I'm happy, though, if I can stay warm (but not "toasty", I like it a little on the cool side) and work without having to get out in the mess. Big trucks are hard to keep warm in the winter, especially if you're not pulling heavy freight, so I'm freezing my bejeebus off running the NYC/NJ area!
quote:
who want's to bet that those dumbass French will propose to the IEC to change the word "motorcycle" to "motorhertz"?
PHIL! HAAAhahahaa!!
[Big Grin]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: