Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Villa Theatre Makes a New TV show Cameo

Author Topic: Villa Theatre Makes a New TV show Cameo
Greg Anderson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-29-2004 11:47 AM      Profile for Greg Anderson   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Warner Brothers TV network has a teen-and-parent Soap Opera called Everwood which is produced on film in the Salt Lake City area. This week's episode starts with a little scene at the Villa Theatre. I know the scene was shot in late November or early December 2003, more than 9 months after Carmike closed the Villa and stripped the interior of its useful contents. It's nice to know that, when the lights are on, the Villa's exterior still looks as good as it did before it closed. And perhaps we should thank the art department at Everwood for fixing this side of the marquee, which had one of its white panels missing just a few months ago. (This week's episode will be rerun on Sunday afternoon. I don't recommend the entire soap opera story but if you want to just watch the first couple of minutes of the show you'll see the entire appearance of the Villa Theatre.)

-

|  IP: Logged

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-29-2004 01:17 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All those WB dramas suck so bad. Except for Smallville which would be dumb if it wasn't Superman. In fact, most new TV shows just suck period. The age of good "sitcom" television died with Married with Children. The only good show on now is Southpark, the rest are just remakes of remakes of remakes, that's why I spend most of my time on history and dicovery/science channel. cool about the theatre though.

Scott D. Neff
Theatre Dork

- posted 01-29-2004 01:56 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Author's Homepage   Email Scott D. Neff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are quite a few good sitcoms on now. But you just need to watch them for their content and not their premise.

Just the same thing with movies. Movies are being remade over and over and over again. How many "Teenage Romp Flicks" can you make? How many Spy Movies can there be? Even the some of the "art" films are recycling premises.

It's all about the content and the twist put on the familiar idea.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: