Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Diet Coke with Lime? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Diet Coke with Lime?
Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-07-2004 02:50 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are no words to express how vile this stuff is so I will say
[puke] [puke] [puke] [puke] [puke] [puke] [puke]

This would be good to keep next to your household cleaners in case you need to induce vomiting for some reason.

This is stuff that Coca Cola is actually selling, not something I put together.

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 02-07-2004 03:03 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why not regular Coke with lime? I don't get it.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 02-07-2004 03:12 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gawd, I bought a 16oz. bottle of the stuff the a week ago at the grocery store. Pretty nasty. I like Diet Coke by itself. But with lime it tastes kind of like how floor cleaner smells.

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 02-07-2004 04:02 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like it . . Gee, I wonder if there is something wrong with my taste buds? [Smile]

-Claude

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 02-07-2004 04:10 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the people at Coke are responding to real-world information.

Diet Coke with lime seems to be a favorite with the dieting set. I've known several people in the past who were constantly dieting. Back in those days, they had to add the lime themselves and my hunch is that's the way to get the best result.

I've personally never tried the stuff either way.

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-07-2004 04:12 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Claude,

No, I'm with you. It's Joe. Definitely Joe. We all know how much Joe sucks anwyay, so it is therefore decided that his taste buds suck as well.

I'm not sure about Bobby. I'm wondering if his taste buds dont' suck also.

[Big Grin]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 02-07-2004 05:32 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Jason: Once again, you have confirmed to everyone that you have absolutely NO taste!

This is just another lame attempt from PepsiCo to market their inferior products with BS hypes.

They have a long list of failures... most notably: Crystal Pepsi. YUK! (And to think I was part of that promotion on MTV!)

Coca-Cola had "Lime Coke" (at least in the fountain) waaaay back in the 60's if not earlier.

Oh? What? It's not Pepsi? Ummmmm.... nevermind.

Well at least Coke has never screwed around with their "Classic" taste formula! [Wink]

>>> Phil

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-07-2004 05:45 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Well at least Coke has never screwed around with their "Classic" taste formula!
Yes they did. The original "Coca-Cola" which was removed from stores, then returned a couple of years later as "Coca-Cola Classic" are not the same mixes.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 02-07-2004 05:48 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Ummmm...Brad, did you notice the winking smilie after that statement. [Razz]

I'm really surprised at you since you're ALWAYS ON MY ASS to put smilies in my posts so "people will understand" me. [Confused]

>>> Phil

David Favel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-07-2004 05:49 PM      Profile for David Favel   Email David Favel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here the most requested is Raspberry & Coke.

Really nice made with Coke & Raspberry syrup

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 02-07-2004 05:52 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The original Coke had cocaine in it so they definitely altered the original formula. [Smile]

And Jason... I've never even tasted Diet Coke with lime! My taste buds probably do suck, because I also hate:

Tomatoes (but love tomato sauce with spaghetti and pizza, etc)
Most other vegetables
Coffee
Any food that is overly prepared or has too many damn ingredients (the fancier the food, the more I will hate it).

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-07-2004 05:56 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Phil, you used a [Wink] , not a [Roll Eyes] which would have been a better expression for sarcasm. Geez, don't you know your smilies? [Devil]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 02-07-2004 05:59 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I do Brad... How about this one:

[fu]

>>> Phil

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-07-2004 06:31 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
At least you didn't give me the [sex]

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 02-07-2004 09:00 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lime now? Didnt' they do this with lemon a few months ago?

For the record I like Coke better, but as far as Lemon flavored colas go, I like Pepsi Twist best.

Phil, Crystal Pepsi was the shizle-nit. They need to bring it back.
(It's way better than the Pepsi Blue crap.)

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: