Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » The Simpsons are headed to the big screen... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: The Simpsons are headed to the big screen...
Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-13-2004 11:14 AM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In an interview with DVDFanatic.com, Simpsons producer Mike Reiss confirmed that work on The Simpsons Movie has started.

Reiss said the following on the movie:

"It’s been 13 years of wanting to do “The Simpsons” Movie. Finally FOX said, “Let’s just do it!” We never had the greatest idea that was compelling but FOX said, 'Maybe if we start paying you, you’ll get inspired.' And sure enough it worked! We’ve got a very good and interesting idea and it’s different from the show. You know, it’s like the “South Park” movie where it’s just a bigger, longer, amplified version of the show. I can’t tell you anything specific about it. My wife doesn’t even know the secret."

Reiss said the following regarding when it will come out:

I will say two years from this summer. I think it’s going to be Summer 2006 or maybe Christmas 2006. It’s a reality after being just sort of this phantom idea. I think it is really gonna happen.

|  IP: Logged

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 02-13-2004 02:23 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is what we (in the biz) used to call a "say something/say nothing" announcement. It also fits into the "premature ejaculation" category.

But let's just see what was really said:

1. There was no movie all this time because the ideas sucked.
2. Fox has decided that enough time has passed without a movie; at this stage even a substandard idea would be worth paying for.
3. No storyline worth mentioning. No details at all.
4. It'll be "like South Park" so I suppose it will have to be banned here.
5. No release date.

Unbelievably vague!

Couldn't they have waited another week and made a proper announcement?

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-13-2004 03:14 PM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that it would be safe to say that this isn't any kind of "official" announcement. One of the producers (and there are many many different producers), was probably just asked by this website if there were any truth to the rumor and he confirmed it and they reported it. I am sure that if and when they finally do some kind of press release, that it will be in more detail than this blurb.

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 02-13-2004 04:12 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The unfortunate part of this is that in 2006 it will have been 16 years too late.

Also wasn't Matt Groening the one that was always against any previous attempts of Fox' making a Simpsons feature?

Had they made the Simpsons movie (assuming it is going to be animated- God forbid they try to translate this to 'live action' [Eek!] ) in 1990 when the show was at the peak of its popularity it could have been one of the biggest grossing motion pictures of all time.

Don't forget there is the one Simpsons short from 1989 and the THX trailer as well. [Smile]

-Aaron

Bruce Hansen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-13-2004 06:00 PM      Profile for Bruce Hansen   Email Bruce Hansen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doh!

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 02-13-2004 06:06 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are at least two Simpsons shorts that predated the TV show. They were part of at least one animation festival ("Animation Celebration II" from Expanded Entertainment). The characters are drawn somewhat differently than they are in the TV show, but they're undoubtedly the same characters.

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 02-13-2004 06:27 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Part of a Halloween episode was converted to Imax 3D for a segment in Cyberworld as well. It's the one where Homer gets lost in the third dimension while trying to hide from Marge's sisters.

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 02-13-2004 06:30 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was one of those the one where they are at the Doctors office and Bart puts a whole bowl of mints in his mouth. I remember running that one on something years ago. I am thinking weekend at bernies but that could have been a Bean short that ran on there.

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 02-13-2004 06:40 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was the South Park movie banned here?

Aaron Mehocic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-13-2004 09:03 PM      Profile for Aaron Mehocic   Email Aaron Mehocic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Simpsons sucked in 1990, they'll suck in 2006 as well. Any movie by their creator or production staff will be lame-ass at best. The tradition of South Park and Beavis & Butthead lives on . . . unfortunately.

Oh yeah, BTW, everything that has ever premiered on Fox or has yet to come on Fox sucks.

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 02-13-2004 09:17 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes one orf the shorts was the one with Bart and the mints in the counselors office. It was attached to prints of 'War Of The Roses'...

No, MIchael 'South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut' was not banned here.

-Aaron

William Leland III
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-14-2004 10:49 AM      Profile for William Leland III   Author's Homepage   Email William Leland III   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
meh....i'd rather see the "Family Guy" made into a movie

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-14-2004 11:22 AM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You know, it’s like the “South Park” movie where it’s just a bigger, longer, amplified version of the show.
They are not saying that it would be like the Southpark movie, just that it would seem like a bigger episode of the simpsons.

quote:
The tradition of South Park and Beavis & Butthead lives on . . . unfortunately
You obviously have not watched all of these shows. The three have nothing in common.

Southpark is pure genius. Everyone hates it becasue it has 8 year old kids cussing but the show is far more political than anyone who doesnt watch it could ever imagine. I like anything that isn't afraid to not be politically correct.

Aaron Mehocic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-14-2004 06:54 PM      Profile for Aaron Mehocic   Email Aaron Mehocic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You obviously have not watched all of these shows. The three have nothing in common.
You're right, except that they're all pretty much lame in my opinion. I'm not going to sit here and belittle each episode of each show to prove some miniscule point. The fact is each on of these appealed to its own seperate audience, but in the end the same audience. Basically this means teens coming of age in the 1990's who accepted bathroom humor, low-caliber annimation, and lame situational plots. I sorry if this offends anyone - its not meant to. I just don't like adult cartoons. I don't even care much for most of the programs on network television in general.

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-15-2004 12:58 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Simpsons is sure sucking quite a bit. I'd rather have "Family Guy" as a feature film.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: