Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » DVD 'Property of the BBC'

Author Topic: DVD 'Property of the BBC'
Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 03-01-2004 07:14 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just seen the following on uk.media.dvd:

quote:

> I bought a DVD on eBay and every 15 minutes or so the words "PROPERTY OF THE
> BBC" appear in the top right corner.
>
> Would this be an illegally sold DVD? Should I send back?

Which DVD?

Sounds like a test or BBC in-house production or review disc.

Ask the seller to explin why he never pointed that out.

Is the cover legit?

I suppose somebody is going to tell us that this was camcordered of a cinema screen. [Roll Eyes]

|  IP: Logged

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 03-01-2004 05:04 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its a screener disc. Thats the samething that happens on most of the major studio screening discs. The newer ones from this last season of academy screeners may have different markings. But that is what most dub houses burn into the screening copies for the studios. Some will also be numbered copies, as to tell who was assigned to that number if copies start showing up else where.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: