Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » ShoWest 2004 Film-Tech Drink (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: ShoWest 2004 Film-Tech Drink
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-02-2004 06:45 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
As usual we will be gathering at Bally's Wednesday evening after the trade show. We are looking at a 7:00 start and it will go until it is over (or when Ian gets plastered). We won't know the room number until about noon on Wednesday, so stop by the Jack Roe USA booth sometime between noon and 5:00 to find out the location.

Tuesday night we will be doing our usual informal run to Quarks. Email me directly if you will be around and would like to come.

|  IP: Logged

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-02-2004 10:15 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope everyone has a good time. Now that I have moved to the east coast, Show West is out of the question for me. See you all at Show East!

;-)

Christopher Duvall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-18-2004 04:14 AM      Profile for Christopher Duvall   Email Christopher Duvall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It has begun. I and other coworkers have started working shifts for ShoWest. I will be handing out the goodie bags this Monday between 2pm and 8pm near registration if you want to stop and say hi.

Maybe this year will be the year I go to the Film-Tech Drink. I just never seem to have the time.

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 03-21-2004 10:35 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Leaving for Las Vegas bright and early Monday. Should be all checked-in by mid afternoon. Hope to see Chris and others when I pick up my registration badge. [Cool]

I'm presenting the Inter-Society Ken Mason award to Mary Ann Grasso-Anderson, Executive Director of NATO, at the Tuesday breakfast.

Inter-Society Committee for the Enhancement of Cinema Presentation meets Wednesday at 9:00am. Ted Costas takes over as President as my 2-year term expires. David Tuckerman of New Line Cinema replaces Ted as the Secretary-Treasurer.

Cyan Dye Track Committee Thursday at 7:00am, followed by the SMPTE Theatrical Projection committee meeting chaired by Pat Moore.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 03-22-2004 09:01 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And I am leaving today for thunderbay (more snow) to strip a 8 Ballantyne pro35's out and move them to sudbury
have fun everyone

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 03-23-2004 11:17 AM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just now leaving the house, I should get into vegas in about 6 hours. See everyone tonight!

Richard Hamilton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-24-2004 12:05 PM      Profile for Richard Hamilton   Email Richard Hamilton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe one of the Film-Techers attending the drink could bring a laptop and leave it logged onto Film-Tech in the corner of the room with a webcam & live streaming video for all of the other members who are unfortunate enough to be elsewhere tonight. Possibly ??

Hope you guys have a good time!!

Rick

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-24-2004 01:32 PM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nobody loves me enough to whisk me away to Vegas [Frown]

Have fun, all! Drink one for me! [beer]

And PS, don't do anything I would. [Razz]

=TMP=

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-24-2004 01:38 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please think of me while you are all getting zonked.

Christopher Duvall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-25-2004 01:48 AM      Profile for Christopher Duvall   Email Christopher Duvall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yet again, due to circumstances beyond my control, I have missed the Film-Tech Drink. These same circumstances have even prevented me from even making most of the ShoWest events including the trade show. DAMN DAMN DAMN. [Mad] I will, however, make the awards banquet which is always fun for me.

Anyhoo, those that made the drink...drink an extra one for me.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 03-25-2004 05:58 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Drink night was alot of fun this year and I definately ate way too much vintage Guttag cheese. Many funny stories were told by those attending that you normally wouldn't see posted here. Perhaps those that couldn't attend this year can make it next year.

Mark @ CLACO

Dan Lyons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-25-2004 11:07 PM      Profile for Dan Lyons   Email Dan Lyons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was fun. Great to meet alot of you guys in person.

danny

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 03-26-2004 10:06 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My plans to attend were sidetracked by my ex wife and her current husband punching each other in the face a few times and my getting temporary custardy of my daughter.

Damn drunks.

So next year when things calm down and I am governor of utah, I will show up.

O wait, I decided not to run this time around, mainly because I am a lame ass. That and I couldn't get a firm commitment from Joe Redifer to be my campaign spokesperson.

We really should start planning for this thing early, like right now. Start a fund for those that are too poor (all of us) to attend. Or at least make large blow up pictures of those that wanted to go, but are too lame to go (me).

Ciao

dave

Scott D. Neff
Theatre Dork

- posted 03-26-2004 10:09 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Author's Homepage   Email Scott D. Neff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was a pleasure to meet everybody in person.

And it was even more fun helping Brad construct the Guttag cheese shrine.

I hope I can attend next year and meet everybody who missed out this year.

Peter Kerchinsky
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-26-2004 10:17 PM      Profile for Peter Kerchinsky   Email Peter Kerchinsky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had a great time meeting all who attended.
Thanks Brad for a fun 5 hours of drink and chit chat.
Hope I can make it again.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: