Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Joe's new picture creeps me out (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Joe's new picture creeps me out
Carl Martin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-04-2004 03:36 AM      Profile for Carl Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Carl Martin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
nothing personal. i hope it's really just a subtle spoof of something. it reminds me of the kids tormenting judas in that mel gibson movie. maybe i have something on my conscience.

people used to say i looked like the unabomber. that was kinda cool but it got stale after a while, after the 50th time. i guess it died down when he stopped being in the news all the time. his manifesto's actually a pretty good read, though.

now people say i look like jesus. i think the unabomber was a better fit. but beauty's only skin deep, as they say.

carl

|  IP: Logged

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 03-04-2004 03:53 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shocking but true - that`s actually what Joe looks like in real life.

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-04-2004 12:41 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Carl Martin's lack of a picture is creeping me out. [Eek!]

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 03-04-2004 02:17 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's because we've been looking at funky Photoshop-ed pictures of Joe for so long they start to look normal. Now, when we look at a "normal" picture of Joe (if there is such a thing as a normal picture of Joe) we can't recognize him!

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 03-04-2004 06:23 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Ian ... let's go to Berkeley this weekend and find a projectionist that looks like Jesus the Unabomber and take his picture.

PS - I took that photo of Joe a couple of hours after I poked his eyeballs out.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 03-04-2004 07:44 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't like my picture, eh? Not good enough for you, eh? Well let's see. I think maybe I might forget NOT to ban you!

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 03-04-2004 10:40 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Carl Martin's lack of a picture is creeping me out."

Thats because Carl Martin is really Joe [Eek!] !

Carl Martin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-05-2004 05:27 AM      Profile for Carl Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Carl Martin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
uh oh, mark. now we're both pissed at you!

i almost like joe's new post-specific pics. and credit is due for taking the time to do that. or is it random and they just happen to seem to match the emotion of the post? i revoke the credit if that's the case.

oh and, we don't allow cameras in our theater. you'll have to disguise it as a pizza.

carl

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 03-05-2004 05:55 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's an AI algorithm I wrote. It chooses the picture based on the wording of the post.

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 03-06-2004 04:13 AM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice - 26 new pics.

How long did it take to come up with all those?

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 03-06-2004 10:55 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I assume there is one was specifically intended to post in response to people who don't submit member photos.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 03-06-2004 12:58 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yup.

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 03-06-2004 08:50 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe just scares me, in fact this thread scares me, its just not right! [evil]

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 03-06-2004 09:43 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know you want me, Rachel! [Smile]

The reason this thread isn't right is because carl martin can't even capitalize my name. Probably flunked out of elementary school! [Razz]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-07-2004 12:37 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Uh oh. I've seen that look before on Joe. RUN RACHEL!!!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: