Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Forum Placement. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Forum Placement.
Frank Aston
Film Handler

- posted 03-13-2004 05:38 AM      Profile for Frank Aston   Email Frank Aston   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Forgive me for my incorrect placement relating to The Passion of the Christ. I am only an occasional visitor to this site having a life outside the industry. I am therefor not entirely up to speed on the policies and procedures. I do find it interesting however that certain people do not regard the individual presentation of certain films as being a technical matter. Sign of the times I suppose.

|  IP: Logged

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 03-13-2004 10:24 AM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doesn't this belong in the Apologies forum? [Wink]

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-13-2004 11:57 AM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's all right. With enough public ridicule and derision, you will soon learn either to place questions in the proper forum or hate us all and want to kill us in our sleep. The good news is that our Department for Homeland Security will keep you out of these United States. [Wink]

I'm sure some moderator will come along and move this to Yak. But they all stay up way too late and will not be among the breathing for a couple of hours yet. Projectionists are vampires you know. [evil]

Film Handler’s Forum is mostly a technical forum where machinery is discussed. It is the webs only resource for the technical side of presentation of film. Trained experts are standing by to answer all manner of archania pertaining to the operation of a projection booth. Other forums were established here to discuss other topics.

I guess the only piece of advice to pass along is think about which thread you can contribute before launching a new thread. I always try and think if my launching a new thread is an entirely new idea. Usually it isn't.

The moderator's aim is to try to keep conversations coherent and together. This forum is so large with so many contributors that if we were allowed to run wild, nobody could figure out where the discussion was. I've noticed in my Internet forum wanderings, that this forum has the longest discussions and the most prompt replies. I've seen forums where every thread is some guy asking one question and then one guy answering the question, then three days later somebody else coming along and asking the same damn question. This type of forum doesn't engender much loyalty.

So if you think the rules here are a little draconian, you’re right. But rest assured that all of the moderators are poor dressers and practice poor personal hygiene. [Big Grin]

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 03-13-2004 12:03 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So be it.

Note to self: kick Ian's ass.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 03-13-2004 12:47 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ian should be banned!

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 03-13-2004 01:21 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BANNED!

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-13-2004 02:26 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did I offend? [Razz] [Moon]

Well I guess you're not even trying if you can't get thrown out of the place. [thumbsup]

You can't ban me, I'll ban myself!

[ian] Banned! [Confused]

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 03-13-2004 02:55 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Ian can't be banned until after ShoWest. There are platters to be tested, ya know.

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 03-13-2004 03:05 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ian:

Why do you participate in that ridiculous dog-and-pony show year in and year out?

The way I figure it -- either you're a serious attention-hungry exhibitionist or those pesky moderators have "the goods" on you.

What a sight that must be: A gaggle of cinema geeks with cameras and pocket protectors, migrating from one platter vendor to the next. (They should make collective "bink bink bink" noises as they communicate.)

Then the giant emerges!

"Oh no!" cry the platter vendors, quaking and shrinking in terror as the giant draws ever nearer to their precious innovation...

The technogeeks chatter wildly with excitement: "Bink bink! Bink bink!"

The giant huffs...and he puffs...

(...and we've all been lucky so far that none of the platters have collapsed!)

Do they at least get you drunk first?

Because I really care,
Manny.

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 03-13-2004 03:08 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
...either you're a serious attention-hungry exhibitionist...
No, Ian is a "serious attention-hungry EXHIBITOR. [Big Grin]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 03-13-2004 06:44 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
So Manny, you sound jealous...perhaps a little bitter. Why are *YOU* not going?

Chicken, Colonel Sanders?

>>> Phil

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 03-13-2004 07:59 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Ian can't be banned until after ShoWest. There are platters to be tested, ya know.
And a lot of scotch that needs to be consumed [beer]

quote:
So Manny, you sound jealous...perhaps a little bitter. Why are *YOU* not going?
I thought Manny said he was going...

-Aaron

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 03-13-2004 08:16 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was. But not anymore. Sorry to disappoint you. [Wink]

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 03-14-2004 05:13 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Remember ShoWest is for professionals. So Manny can`t go.

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 03-14-2004 04:59 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But he can send his ho's.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: