Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Check-marked topics

Author Topic: Check-marked topics
Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 03-17-2004 12:09 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All right, I can't find where anyone else has asked, so I will:

How come some of the topics are check-marked?

I can't find any rhyme or reason for it. Hope it's not some evil terrorist coding system.

|  IP: Logged

Gunnar Johansson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-17-2004 12:17 PM      Profile for Gunnar Johansson   Author's Homepage   Email Gunnar Johansson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just about to ask the same question, but then I came up with a probable answer. Itīs checkboxing the topics that you have contributed to, that is posted a reply in, or started (not sure about the last one.

Now I just hope somebody can tell me if Iīm right [Smile]

EDIT: The fact that this topic got checked, and a simple search for in what other topics Iīve contributed proves my point, I think. But itīs got to be pretty new, havenīt noticed before.

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 03-17-2004 12:39 PM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i think youre right, a check mark should appear on this topic for me now.

Edit: Yup, there it is.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 03-17-2004 12:44 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah. Yes. Cool!

[thumbsup]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 03-17-2004 12:48 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
It is new and it's dumb. Just because someone posted in a thread before doesn't mean there is no reason to read new posts and contribute again. So, what is purpose of the check-mark?

What's next, a little number in the icon to personally let you know how many times one has posted in that particular thread?

>>> Phil

Kyle McEachern
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-17-2004 12:59 PM      Profile for Kyle McEachern         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Just because someone posted in a thread before doesn't mean there is no reason to read new posts and contribute again.
I'd expect that the intent is quite the opposite. You've posted in a particular topic, therefore proving that you have interest in it, and may want to keep up with other related questions or possible solutions/responsed posted by other forum mebers. So by simply looking for the checkmarks, you can quickly see which you need to catch up on, rather than having to search out familiar-looking titles.

Conversely, if there aren't checkboxes, you haven't posted, and might not have read it, so if you're looking for NEW content, it's an easy distinction.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 03-17-2004 05:10 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The checkboxes might help me in going back to fix an odd typographical error. The Edit feature is pretty handy.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 03-17-2004 08:53 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now if they'd just come up with some way to mark the threads that Phil has posted in. Maybe with a waving CAUTION flag, or something. [Big Grin]

(Actually my longtime wish has been for the starting date of the threads to appear.)

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 03-17-2004 09:40 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree Mike! It's sooooooo hard for me to keep track of the threads I'm interested in vs. the ones I've posted in vs. the ones I didn't post in vs. the ones I'm not interested in, vs. the ones that have new content... OH Wait, ya can tell that by the color of the folder... [beer]

>>> Phil

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: