Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Need a free MP3 to Wav Converter (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Need a free MP3 to Wav Converter
Sam Hunter
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-06-2004 07:41 PM      Profile for Sam Hunter   Email Sam Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody know where I can find a free MP3 to Wav Converter?

|  IP: Logged

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 05-06-2004 07:49 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Why on earth would you want that sorta converter? Most others want a .wav to .mp3 converter.

I've have great luck with "Ace High" converter that converts any format to any format.

I've sent many "convertions" to KVXL-94X FM, even though Reddick does not appreciate my humor in my tunes I've sent them.

>>> Phil

James Pope
Film Handler

- posted 05-06-2004 07:55 PM      Profile for James Pope   Author's Homepage   Email James Pope   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://download.com.com/3000-2140-10249519.html?tag=lst-0-1
its called dBpowerAmp Music Converter 10.0 and its free. I havent really tried it but it should do ya.

Sam Hunter
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-06-2004 07:58 PM      Profile for Sam Hunter   Email Sam Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have some neat mp3's I want to use in my windows sounds scheme and they have to be WAV format.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 05-06-2004 09:50 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You need mpg123.

Example:

mpg123 -w file.wav file.mp3

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 05-06-2004 09:51 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Musicmatch is one that will do it.

Tim Turner
Film Handler

- posted 05-06-2004 10:03 PM      Profile for Tim Turner   Email Tim Turner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I use Winamp to do the job.

Dan Harris
Film Handler

- posted 05-07-2004 11:42 AM      Profile for Dan Harris   Email Dan Harris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I use CDex. The download is only 1.9Mb and it's very easy to use. You can download it here:

http://www.spoonies.co.uk/~multiphonics/cdex.exe

As well as being a ripping prog, it will batch convert MP3 to WAV and vice versa. It will also record from an analogue input.

Dan

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 05-07-2004 12:45 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
QuickTime Pro

Joseph Pandolfi
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-07-2004 09:58 PM      Profile for Joseph Pandolfi   Email Joseph Pandolfi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cool Edit 2000 which converts any type of MP3 to whatever audible file you want and at a different frequency and bitrate. Only thing bad about it is you have to convert one file at a time, whereas Music Match you can convert multiple files at one pass. I don't know whether you can download Cool Edit anymore. Adobe took over their software company and they discontinued that product. Cool Edit is a good tool to use if you want to convert those scratchy LP's and 45's (remember those) to clean sounding CD's. It cost me $100.00 with the plugins, but I swear by it.

William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-10-2004 03:01 AM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Goldwave is fast & easy, but is shareware & has a nag screen.

Matt Hefright
Film Handler

- posted 06-26-2004 12:56 AM      Profile for Matt Hefright     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i agree CDex is the way to go. easy to use and the price is right!!!

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 06-26-2004 01:31 AM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't know WINAMP could do it. I have a registered version of WINAMP, as well as MusicMatch. I still use Musicmatch to convert, never used WINAMP to do that. As a plug for WINAMP, they have come a long way and it is a very nice program, even the free version.

I usually finally wind up registering and pony'ing up for some of the free download programs. They cost only peanuts. The extra bells and whistles are generally worth it, but not always. I got skunked on a few....

For the ones I might have gotten skunked on, I am going to post another topic. Not to blast them, but to see what you guys think.

Steve Scott
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-27-2004 09:23 PM      Profile for Steve Scott   Email Steve Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I second James' dbPowerAmp convertor. I've used several of their last versions. The newest has the most ripping options of any basic convertor I've used, and with the right amount of RAM, it can be fairly fast at ripping.

Mind you I say BASIC convertor, though. [Smile]

David Ingalsbe
Film Handler

- posted 06-28-2004 03:45 PM      Profile for David Ingalsbe   Email David Ingalsbe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joseph they discontinued Cool Edit? THats a shame. [Frown] I bought cool edit pro 1.1 back in '98 greatest program ever not so sure about the $500 price tag but I had a buisness to run. [thumbsup] [scream]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: