Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » I Had The Weirdest Dream... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: I Had The Weirdest Dream...
Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 06-24-2004 01:46 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was in a platter booth (that makes it a nightmare, right?) and the film taking up was covered with dirt clumps, and fuzzballs and scrapings like it was being mangled. Then I woke up. I only rarely remember dreams which is just as well by me. But it's very disconcerting to think I'd be dreaming of projection...and platters at that...instead of, say, Jen and her guitar. At least I'd rather go back to dreaming of trains.

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-24-2004 01:55 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Steve Kraus
I was in a platter booth (that makes it a nightmare, right?)
That all depends. What kind of platters were they?

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 06-24-2004 02:09 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve

It sounds like you were in the Loew's/Cineplex Beverly Center in Los Angeles. Because thats always the way I picture it when I did preview screenings there. [Eek!] [Eek!]

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 06-28-2004 10:57 PM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Steve Kraus
But it's very disconcerting to think I'd be dreaming of projection...and platters at that...instead of, say, Jen and her guitar.
Awww... How sweet [Wink]

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 06-28-2004 11:20 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet? I call that sticky.

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 06-28-2004 11:27 PM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Michael Schaffer
Sweet? I call that sticky.
Ummm... I need to jump in the shower now...

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 06-29-2004 01:51 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ah now the shower scene [evil]
Is it getting hot in here

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 06-29-2004 02:06 AM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Gordon McLeod
ah now the shower scene
Is it getting hot in here

Now that's what I'm talkin' about... Who would like to join me? [Wink]

Robert L. Fischer
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-29-2004 02:47 AM      Profile for Robert L. Fischer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never dealt with a platter-related disaster that wasn't the direct result of someone else's negligence (like leaving a booth after threading not noticing that the film was wrapping continuously). I'll defend platters to the death because as long as I'm the projectionist, things go smoothly. [Cool]

Sorry to get off subject; guitars are cool. I like them better than projectors, actually. [Razz]

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 06-29-2004 06:18 AM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A hot girl starts talking about someone joining her for a shower, and you can still talk about projectors and guitars. [Confused] [Wink]

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 06-29-2004 10:13 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jen tried to reply but there seemed so much email to you that the whole internet stopped
the power of sujestion [Smile]

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-29-2004 10:33 AM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's a theater here that closed about 3 years ago that I've been yearning to open so bad it gives me an ulcer.

For a couple weeks, I'd have these recurring dreams of driving to that theater, unlocking the doors, going to the booth and building all the prints for the "opening." It wouldn't always be the same way, though. These dreams were progressive.

The first few, the theater looked as it did now -- empty and closed. Later on, as I drove up to the theater in subsequent dreams, the sign was up. Then there were posters in the cases. I remember one where I walked by the concession counter on the way to the booth, and it was stocked....

I think I know what these dreams mean. Who wants to help me open this thing?????? [Big Grin]

=TMP=

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 06-29-2004 10:36 AM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will.

Robert L. Fischer
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-29-2004 01:17 PM      Profile for Robert L. Fischer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it were a hot girl in my shower, it'd be a different story. [Wink] But Arizona? Too far to worry about...

Christopher Seo
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-29-2004 02:20 PM      Profile for Christopher Seo   Email Christopher Seo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think changeover dreams are scarier. I had a dream where I started R-1, and then realized I only had one projector and had to set up another one before it was time to make the changeover.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: