Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Is everyone just stressed out? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Is everyone just stressed out?
Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 06-29-2004 02:07 PM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whats the deal lately here on FT? It used to be informative and fun. Now all I read is a bunch of arguing and bickering. Whether it be about politics, telling people about extra footage on a movie, getting someones name accidentally wrong, KD's predictions, posting repeat topics, it seems like people have been arguing more and more alot lately. I am sure I have contributed in one way or another to all of these threads, but it was usually in a way to try and get people to lighten up. I would hate to see the way the next FT gathering would be like with people not getting along with each other. By the way Brad, when is that? I'm sure alot of us could use a break. [beer] RELAX PEOPLE!! [thumbsup]

Edit: Oh yeah, and if someone feels like they have to post that this is a stupid thread, you will have just proved my point. Or if you find a quote of mine where I am arguing, that will make me look like a jackass for posting this, please do so, it will make for a good laugh, which I am sure some people could use. [Big Grin]

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-29-2004 02:11 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
It's mostly due to people just not paying attention. Either the topic has been covered to death before, or a new topic is posted and then the person seeking advice ignores it. Either way, it gets aggravating to the regular members. It is to be expected.

Summer may have something to do with it too, as many people in this area of work put in more hours during the summer.

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 06-29-2004 03:12 PM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm feelin' ya Jeremy... The threads haven't been all too exciting lately. I haven't started one in a long time too. I must be stressed [Big Grin] I wish there was something I could do.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 06-29-2004 03:52 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeremy: WTF RU talkin' 'bout! Your whiney-ass post pissed me off! All families have disagreements and fights. The Film-Tech family is no different.

Brad: When the hell are you going to learn how to spell? Also, I think there is a spell checker on here for the "konveniencee" of ALL members. ("expected")

Jen: Sex is a ***GREAT*** "stress" reliever....

(Just in case some of you don't "get" the above, here are the appropriate smilies: [Big Grin] [Razz] [beer] )

>>> Phil

Edit: Gosh! I wish I was a mod so I could change someone's post about spelling too!

[ 06-29-2004, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: Rachel Gilardi ]

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 06-29-2004 04:00 PM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phil: Sounds like a good idea... I should have thought of it [Big Grin] . What would I do without ya [beer]

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 06-29-2004 04:42 PM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Is everyone just stressed out?
Yes.

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-29-2004 05:58 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I was alittle stressed out when I went outside to find my 6 month old bike with a flat tire, but that was about it. I put a plug in it and it is ok now until I can take it to a tire shop to have it patched correctly.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 06-29-2004 06:37 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm stressed because I just found out my Spider-2 print won't be delivered until 2:00 pm tomorrow. Since I have to work at my day job until 6:00, that means no screening (and not much of an inspection, either).

Stupid Wednesday openings. [Mad]

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 06-29-2004 06:53 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is the time of year that most of us are stressed out either finishing a new build, routine serviceing or upgrading a system in time for film X to open
It is good natured people like Jen that keep reminiding us to have some fun and people like Phil who help it along
and now we return you to your regularly scheduled sponsor sex and drugs and rock and roll

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 06-29-2004 07:30 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not stressed. I'm just bored. You people need to do more to entertain me.

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 06-29-2004 07:38 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm stressed I don't work in a theater anymore, its just depressing.

I'm also in school A LOT! And working on phones calling YOUS people and asking you to do stupid surveys.

BTW Phil, nice spelling... [Big Grin]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 06-29-2004 07:52 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
HA! Too funny Rach! I didn't catch your edits at 1st! HAhahaha

>>> Phil

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 06-29-2004 09:37 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so all stressed out people beter get some [sex]
to save the world right [Phil Hill] :jennifer:

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 06-29-2004 09:41 PM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah! That's what I'm talkin' about!

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 06-29-2004 09:41 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So we create the film-tech orgy site huba buba

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: