Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » There is a new " Weenie Man..." (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: There is a new " Weenie Man..."
Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 07-04-2004 06:24 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5364916/

SKobayashi, of Nagano, Japan, gulped down 53½ wieners in 12 minutes and shattered his own world record by three dogs. In 2002, he had wolfed down 50½.

|  IP: Logged

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 07-04-2004 06:31 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
As a BIG weenie lover, I can attest that Nathan's hotdogs are the best followed by Farmer John's hot dogs. NONE of that all-beef crap for me! Give me the scraps and bone-scrapings for a REAL hot dog! YUM!

>>> Phil

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 07-04-2004 06:32 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where does he put it all? [Smile]

Paul, you will always be the Weenie Man around here!

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 07-04-2004 08:05 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The man makes a fine dog but Nathan's true gift was keeping steam locomotives dripping with oil. Remind anyone of a Simplex E7?

-

(It's a mechanical lubricator...the lever is connected to the mechanism and it would send oil out those small tubes to various wearing surfaces and, most importantly, into the steam headed for the cylinders keeping them and the valves lubricated.)

Phil, we knew you loved weiners. Just didn't know you liked hot dogs, too!

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 07-04-2004 08:11 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Steve Kraus
Remind anyone of a Simplex E7?
Not really, Steve. But more like those old steam engines that were used on those OLD ships that Paul was talking about.

>>> Phil

Will Kutler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-04-2004 08:31 PM      Profile for Will Kutler   Email Will Kutler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HEBREW NATIONAL....WE ANSWER TO A HIGHER SOURCE! - or ALL BEEF w/NATURAL CASINGS! [Big Grin] [beer] [thumbsup] [Wink] [Big Grin]

AND NO DISGUSTING REMARKS FROM THE PEANUT GALLERY...AND THAT MEANS YOU...PHIL! [Big Grin] [Razz] [sex]

One problem Steve...E-7s use Bijur, whil Steam locos generally use Nathan! But ya, it does look similar to the E-7...and btw, the E-7 fittings are in fact check-valves!

William T. Parr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-04-2004 08:47 PM      Profile for William T. Parr   Email William T. Parr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Will Kutler
HEBREW NATIONAL.
Fucking A Right.... Those are the best damn hotdog I have ever had. Well worth the money for thier Ballpark type hotdogs. Bet you cant eat more than 1

Paul Mayer

- posted 07-04-2004 10:13 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And let us not forget the sound of the Southern Pacific in SoCal:

-

http://atsf.railfan.net/airhorns/p3.html

Air whistles rule! [thumbsup] [beer]

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 07-04-2004 10:23 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Only to someone who hasn't heard a steam whistle. I heard one just a few hours ago. It's haunting.

Do I want to know what a "natural casing" is? Hmmmm...maybe not.

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 07-04-2004 10:55 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, so here is a small drift off the subject.

Speaking of who made what, did you guys know that Adolphus Busch
(yes, the same Busch from Anheuser Busch Company, makers of Budweiser beer eventually became partners with Eberhard Anheuser was a leading Diesel Engine manufacturing plant?) He even had Dr. Rudolph Diesel as a consultant. The Diesel Engine came to America in 1897, when Adolphus Busch obtained the American rights to build Diesels. The first Diesel Engine built by his company was installed in the Anheuser-Busch power plant in 1898.

http://ussubvetsofworldwarii.org/Diesel_Engines.html

http://www.derbysulzers.com/sulzerengine.html

http://www.didyouknow.cd/anheuser.htm

Steve, I don't know if you have seen these links, but they are interesting.

Maybe their idea was to use beer as a fuel. [Big Grin]

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 07-05-2004 10:01 AM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I know a bit about the Busch / Diesel connection as Kirkland discusses it in Dawn of the Diesel Age. Refrigeration compressors and engines are closely related mechanical technologies. John F. Kirkland was a former Baldwin man who wrote the three volume Diesel Builders series about ALCO/GE (& MLW), Lima & Fairbanks-Morse, and then Baldwin. Sadly, he is no longer with us so someone else will need to write a detailed history of EMC/EMD.

Going off off off topic (yet closer to show biz) the reason I snapped pictures of a few lubricators was I wanted pictures of both the Nathan and Detroit brands so I could juxtapose them into "Nathan Detroit" for a friend who loves Guys and Dolls. I keep teasing her about the main character being named after lubricators.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 07-05-2004 10:58 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The best hot dogs on Earth were at a place in Lexington, KY called GARO'S, back in the late 70s. The owner sold out and retired sometime around 1988, and the hot dogs were never the same after that.

Then, I had Nathan's.

Man-oh-man! Not quite as good as Garo's, but a damned close second... damned close! Nathan's is now Tim Reed's official hot dog, a lofty honor that went unawared for many years.

Jeff Stricker
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-05-2004 03:24 PM      Profile for Jeff Stricker   Email Jeff Stricker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm thinking Angelo's Coney Island in Flint, Michigan. They are slathered with tons of diced onions and Coney sauce. [thumbsup] Anybody else ever try one? Much better than a Nathan's IMHO.

Paul Mayer

- posted 07-05-2004 05:24 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's "Coney" sauce?

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 07-05-2004 06:05 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Farmer Vincent's hot dogs are supposed to be really good too.

>>> Phil

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: