Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Why I should be a Mod (***NEW FORUM POLICY ON PAGE 5***) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Author Topic: Why I should be a Mod (***NEW FORUM POLICY ON PAGE 5***)
Ryan Luby
Film Handler

- posted 07-06-2004 03:28 AM      Profile for Ryan Luby   Email Ryan Luby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's official, the fans are calling.
Took them long enough.

This is an open discussion of why I (and any others) should be a moderator of this forum. It will be a numerical listing of short and concise reasons so that you do not get lost or confused.

If you do not find my initial arguments to be sufficient, I will add more. Again, though, I'm trying to keep this simple for you all.

1. I'm better than you. My presence here is a privilege you should all cherish.
2. I treat my inferiors with respect. Jealously of my greatness may occur. I am understanding of this and am here to help you cope with your inferiority complexes.
3. People say I have an aura of modesty that makes others want to be better people themselves.
4. I'm half Japanese, which means I'm stealthy (which means I can surprise attack you) and also adds to the racial diversity of the moderating team. This automatically makes the team a better, more well-rounded, and happier crew. I'm also from samurai nobility on my grandmother's side, which again comes back to me being better than you.
5. I like pizza.

Now it is up to you to let the admins know how much you want me to moderate (and therefore improve) this forum by responding here. With your help we (as in I) shall rise to the top.

Being one to share the fame, I urge any of you who feel that they have what it takes to moderate a forum (I've been admin/moderator of forums with over 4000 members..it's more work than it seems) to give their reasons here, as well.

[thumbsup]

|  IP: Logged

Nate Lehrke
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-06-2004 04:03 AM      Profile for Nate Lehrke   Email Nate Lehrke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ryan, you claim that you’re of Japanese decent. I don’t believe anything you say until you have a member picture. Seems to me that you are trying to hoodwink all the Japanese members here into supporting you.

I would want to be a moderator only if I can BAN other moderators. So if that’s the case, here’s my argument.

As a self-acclaimed MOD elect, I only have one platform.
1. Ban JOE REDIFER. He has caused nothing but problems.

Thank you and enjoy the forums! [Big Grin]

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 07-06-2004 04:18 AM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HEY! [Mad]
Joe has brought wonderful things in my life!

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 07-06-2004 05:53 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like what exactly?

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-06-2004 08:12 AM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't vote for you without a pic

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 07-06-2004 08:31 AM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You only have 5 posts!!! [Roll Eyes] [evil] [Big Grin]

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 07-06-2004 08:44 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BANNED! All of you (except Rachel).

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 07-06-2004 09:52 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't think moderators were chosen by popular vote as this is a privately owned web site

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-06-2004 11:53 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Gordon pegged how this works. Besides, no new person will be considered and most certainly NOT someone who hasn't had the courtesy to send in a member picture. Members with pictures always get preferential treatment over a member with equal number of (non-annoying/useful/entertaining) posts.

Ryan Luby
Film Handler

- posted 07-06-2004 12:45 PM      Profile for Ryan Luby   Email Ryan Luby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did take the time to send in a picture (but you know that already).

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 07-06-2004 12:58 PM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael: Like the pursuit of happiness. I don't think my goals would be the same if it weren't for Joe. I'd probably give up the pursuit of the career I wanted and be something my parents want me to be. Even though everybody says to just do what you want to do... It just means alot when he's the one saying it.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-06-2004 01:14 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the dude was just trying to be funny and to "proclaim his own greatness" better and more entertainingly than Joe does. Unfortunately, he failed in this because only Joe can pull this off with the masterfulness that it requires. [Big Grin]

Steve Scott
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-06-2004 01:46 PM      Profile for Steve Scott   Email Steve Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Ryan Luby
I'm half Japanese, which means I'm stealthy (which means I can surprise attack you)
The most powerful martial arts move, if I recall, is the five point palm exploding heart technique... perfected by Pai Mei... who was Chinese [Big Grin]

We could hire Gordon Liu... thus making point #4 moot! [Smile]

Ryan Luby
Film Handler

- posted 07-06-2004 02:22 PM      Profile for Ryan Luby   Email Ryan Luby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mr Scott,
Since when is martial arts comprised of just one single move? Last I heard (not counting the praying mantis from the Karate Kid) martial arts was a combination of several different movements strung together in a fluid and dazzling fashion.
I'd also like to see the "five point palm exploding heart technique" defeat myself and my 16th century samurai sword.

And the surprise attack bit was more a play on Bill Parcels, Dallas Cowboy coach, who recently took flak for using "Japanese" as a name for his surprise attack, in reference to the Japanese attacking Pearl Harbor.

Also, you didn't find a way to "shoot down" my samurai bit, which was also a part of the "mooted" (which is a funny word, I think) #4.

David Ingalsbe
Film Handler

- posted 07-06-2004 03:20 PM      Profile for David Ingalsbe   Email David Ingalsbe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve,
I think maybe you and I should go "welcome" ryan in to our little community. test out his stealthness [Big Grin] . it's good to see more minasotans on the form.

(I know, I know Brad, picture I will send one in.)

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: