Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » 15 years ago, July 11th....

Author Topic: 15 years ago, July 11th....
Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-12-2004 05:59 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just realized that I have been in the business for 15 years (officially). I started at the Cobb Coralwood 6 in Cape Coral, Florida just a few weeks after "Batman" opened on July 11th, 1989.

30 theatres later, I'm still in it.

Damn, am I a fool or what? Ha! I love this business!

I hold a drink up high and toast to the Motion Picture Industry (and to Paul G. Thompson and John Zampi (the man who hired me - R.I.P.)).

[beer] [beer]
[thumbsup]

|  IP: Logged

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 07-12-2004 06:05 PM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy 15th!! [thumbsup]

R. Andrew Diercks
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-12-2004 06:24 PM      Profile for R. Andrew Diercks   Email R. Andrew Diercks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently realized that on June 6th, I hit my 10 year mark. Only due to an insurance evaluation where they had our official start date in the computer. I couldn't believe it. [beer]

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-12-2004 09:08 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On that date, we were playing "Star Trek V: The Final Frontier" and were right in the middle of a verrrrry long dry spell (of business, that is).

Adam Fraser
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-13-2004 12:59 AM      Profile for Adam Fraser   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Fraser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think i just passed the 9 year mark on June 15. The first movie that I was an official employee working for the theatre was Casper ( I think). Before that I did help out a little bit here and there.

Started as an usher, then concession and box, then projection, now its a little bit of everything. Working 90 days straight with maybe 1 or 2 days off during the summer is the way of life now. [Smile]
Sun-Thurs: 5-12:30PM
Friday and Sat: 10:00 AM-12:30 PM

Sam Johnson II
Film Handler

- posted 07-13-2004 01:57 AM      Profile for Sam Johnson II   Email Sam Johnson II   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
July 10th marked my first year working at a theater. I started at Carmike Cinemas 4 in Danville, KY, and they had just opened Terminator 3 the day before I started. Admittingly, about two months of the last year I was unemployed after a bitter departure from Carmike. But now I work for a brand new theater, Danville Cinemas 8, which is only about two or three months old, with independent owners. They're also opening a theater in Somerset where I will also be working.

It may not mean as much as 10 or 15 years, but hopefully I'll reach that point eventually [thumbsup] .

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 07-13-2004 01:07 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
May 1967 for me. "Alfie" and "Georgy Girl" were the first films I projected at the Grandview Drive-In.

Hey there, Georgy Girl, what's it all about Alfie? [Cool]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: