Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Pictures of urinals. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Pictures of urinals.
Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 07-13-2004 03:03 PM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Believe it or not, there is a web-site dedicated to the subject, www.urinal.net. Very strange. They have examples from space craft, railway stations, airports, pubs, sports stadia etc, from all over the world, but hardly any from theatres or cinemas; maybe members from theatres of architectural merit should send them some pictures.

|  IP: Logged

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 07-13-2004 03:10 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
While that may be an interesting site, I find it more interesting to know HOW you came about to find it? [Eek!] [Big Grin] [Razz]

>>> Phil

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 07-13-2004 03:17 PM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Somebody at work pointed it out to me. The person was female, the site seems to have acquired a sort of cult status with people of that gender.

I wonder what people did with their time before they had the Internet.

Tim Arista
Film Handler

- posted 07-13-2004 04:08 PM      Profile for Tim Arista   Email Tim Arista   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would click on that link, but I'm eating right now.

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 07-13-2004 05:50 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The urinal in the mens' room adjacent to my facility features a Jane Fonda Urinal Sticker left over from the days when it was the Plitt Theatres / Cineplex Odeon regional offices. I have no grudge with Jane myself although I would understand why others would. If it was up to me I'd have put Rush Limbaugh in there.

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 07-13-2004 10:44 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a great idea! I'm going to Kinkos to print out some Michael Moore stickers right now!! Coming soon to a theater urinal near you.

Thanks for the idea, Steve! [Big Grin]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 07-13-2004 10:53 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
When I was at Atari, back during the Apple II/Atari 800 wars, all the urinals had the Apple logo at the "aim here" point. True story!

>>> Phil

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 07-13-2004 10:58 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Phil, I hope that was fun, because I think Apple won that round. [Smile]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 07-13-2004 11:02 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah it was fun... OBTW: They certainly didn't "win" any round. They are ONLY still around today thanks to Mr. Microsoft and his mega $$$$ injections.

And of course Atari went back to it's co-op roots.

>>> Phil

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 07-13-2004 11:30 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK - when I dug this thing out, I noticed it's an Atari 400. So, having never used an 800, I cannot compare it to the Apple II. But really. Look at this thing! [Smile]

-

And its little tiny oh-so-seventies touch sensitive keyboard. Who could type on this thing for any length of time?

-

Have YOU played Atari today? [Confused]

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 07-13-2004 11:35 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you ever get to visit the Thunderbird aerial demonstration squadron at Nellis AFB, check out the officer's head. It features a mural of the Blue Angels in diamond formation--diving right into the toilets.

Another one to check out here is the pisser at Main Street Station downtown across Main St. from the California Hotel. Displayed above the urinals is a section of the Berlin Wall in all its graffitied splendor.

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 07-13-2004 11:35 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Look at this thing!
What thing? The one on the right?

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 07-13-2004 11:56 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I just did a little research online on the 400/800 units. Suprisingly, this little bad boy has quite a bit more under its hood than I had thought. But I still don't like the keybord. [Razz]

Paul Trimboli
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-14-2004 07:22 AM      Profile for Paul Trimboli   Email Paul Trimboli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW you worked for ATARI Phill? What position did you have there? Was it a great place to work for? Seems like such a great place to have worked, would do anything to go back in time and get a job with them. The Atari Historical Site is a great site with lots of interesting stuff to read. www.atari-history.com

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 07-14-2004 10:08 AM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phil told me all about his career with Atari. He was responsible for producing Apple stickers. [Razz]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: