Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Mass murderer on the run in Yorkshire

Author Topic: Mass murderer on the run in Yorkshire
Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 07-22-2004 07:18 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A man wanted for two double murders which took place last weekend in separate locations close to York (the second incident happened only four miles from where I live) is on the run. Link to article which gives an overview of what happened; latest update. This is pretty big news here - North Yorkshire has an average of five murders a year, and now there have been four in a single weekend.

Having been away in London for the last few days, at least I've got an alibi! It's a bit scary, though: a policeman was speculating on the radio this evening that because the suspect is believed to have no money and no passport, he might try and break into an isolated house in the area, murder the occupants and lie low there. Apparently this could have been why the second couple were murdered. There is a link between the suspect and one of the victims of the first attack (he was her ex-boyfriend), but apart from forensic evidence, none whatsoever with the couple who were killed later. I was a tad relieved to get the car in the garage and front door locked up when I got home this evening!

|  IP: Logged

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 07-22-2004 09:07 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kinda like living in the States, eh?

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 07-24-2004 09:27 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you still alive, Leo, or are you stored in a freezer chopped up into handy parts?

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 07-25-2004 01:40 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still alive (sorry to disappoint you), but no freezer necessary. Given my level of alcohol intake, I guess my body must have become self-preserving by now! [beer]

It looks like they've got him - link to story. I drive past that petrol station almost every day on my way to and from work - it's about 5 miles from where I live, and less than 2 from the location of the second murders. There is a barn about 200 yards from the petrol station which was badly damaged by fire about six months ago, plus some derelict buildings near an air force base quite close by, so my guess would be that he's been hiding out in that area all along.

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 07-25-2004 05:38 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Leo, you don't happen to wear one of those "A pint and a fight a great British night!" t-shirts do you? [Smile] [beer]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: