Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » What does your voicemail say? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: What does your voicemail say?
Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 07-25-2004 07:59 PM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure most of you have a basic, possibly professional voicemail on your home/cell phone. But I know that there are others like me, that dont care what others think about the professionalism of something like a voicemail. Its not like its for a business, its my cell phone. Here is my new one..

quote:
Hey, I didn't answer the phone because I am trying to avoid a phone call. So, leave me a message, and I'll call you back. If I dont call you back, then guess what, it was you that I was trying to avoid...Yeah..oh well. Bye.
[Big Grin]

I realize that, cell phones have caller id, and I could just not answer the call I am avoiding, but people dont realize that when they hear my message.

|  IP: Logged

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 07-25-2004 08:30 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Some I occasionally use:

"Hello. I'm not home. Or, I can't come to the phone. Or, I'm not alone. Please leave a message at the tone."

"Hello. I'm sorry I'm not available to accept your call right now. Please leave your number and I'll get back to you just as soon as I damn well please. Thank You!"

" Hi! You have reached 976-PHIL. Your phone number will be charged $25.00 for this call. Thank You!"

>>> Phil

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 07-25-2004 09:24 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One year at christmas I put a recording of Alister Sims "Are there no prisons, are there no workhouses....."
At new years I put on " Our new years resolution is that we are changing our circle of friends at the moment so if we don't get back to you well......."
boy did we get a lot of hangups [Smile]

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 07-25-2004 09:36 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the short and direct "I'm away from the phone, leave a message" quip. For fun, I had one outgoing message that simply said "Bingo!" It was funny to hear the dumbstruck pauses from callers ahead of their messages.

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 07-25-2004 09:43 PM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For a while my voicemail was a song. "Soulglo" from Coming to America. [thumbsup]

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 07-25-2004 09:51 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The current machine (my roommate's) uses a synthesized voice that cannot be changed. But my machine answers in Japanese with a woman's voice, or my own out-going message which says "Speak."

Ryan Luby
Film Handler

- posted 07-25-2004 11:14 PM      Profile for Ryan Luby   Email Ryan Luby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My current voicemail carries out a 35 second conversation with the caller before suggesting that they leave a message at the beep.

Robert L. Fischer
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-25-2004 11:19 PM      Profile for Robert L. Fischer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, it's Robert. Leave me a message, or, uh, leave me alone. Either way, I don't give a damn.

*as quoted by Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force, with the requisite name change*

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 07-25-2004 11:22 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My work voicemail tells people to leave a message.

My home voicemail tells people who are calling for restaurant reservations that they have the wrong number. This is the result of a restaurant which apparently advertised my phone number as theirs a few months ago. I really should change the message back to the boring one because the calls have subsided since then.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-25-2004 11:41 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
What's wrong with leaving a professional outgoing greeting as the restaurant (but don't name the actual name, just mention "than you for calling the reservation line for your dining pleasure" and such like that)? Tell them that no one is available to take their reservation at this time, but to please leave their name, desired date and time, as well as number in their party and contact phone number, and if there is a problem with their reservation they will be called back.

Oh yes, and be sure to mention some kind of FANTASTIC deal on a very expensive dish.

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 07-25-2004 11:45 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
May I suggest the Soylent Green?

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-25-2004 11:54 PM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't post what my outgoing message says because it might offend people. So I will remain silent.

=TMP=

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 07-26-2004 12:31 AM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to do something like that back before I had an answering machine. At one time a local Pizza Hut's phone number was one digit different from mine, and we used to get lots of wrong number calls trying to place take-out orders. Once in a while I would take an order and tell the fat-fingered fool that the order would be ready in 15 minutes. Then my roommate and I would drive down to the place to watch the ensuing comedy of errors. Very satisfying.

Andy Aggieri
Film Handler

- posted 07-26-2004 02:28 AM      Profile for Andy Aggieri   Email Andy Aggieri   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul I tried to call pizza hut once here in Vegas and a guy yelled at me for calling the wrong number, maybe it was you.

You must have been getting a lot of calls from pizza hut customers if the phone number was only one number off.

Carl Martin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-26-2004 04:19 AM      Profile for Carl Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Carl Martin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
in college my dormroom phone was the same as the copley plaza (i think) hotel, except it was the local area code, not 800. supposedly a former occupant actually took a reservation. i just never had enough wits about me.

carl

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: