Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Off to WARR in Prague

Author Topic: Off to WARR in Prague
Paul Cassidy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-26-2004 08:45 PM      Profile for Paul Cassidy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Cassidy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
World Airline Road Race , 23RD ANNUAL
WORLD AIRLINE ROAD RACE
WARR 2004
PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC
SEPTEMBER 16-19, 2004
is being held in Prague this year and I have been allowed to go (thank you Wifey)...... http://www.worldairlineroadrace.org ..... is there anyone on the forums (Lurking or otherwise) from there ???? we will be tormenting the locals for a week as most of the Airlines in the World gather for the Annual Race (walk for me) and taste their local drinks and food , in the film "Chasing Liberty" I got a taste of what a Great looking place it is , but does anyone have any suggestions of sites to take in [beer]

[ 07-26-2004, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: Paul Cassidy ]

|  IP: Logged

William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-27-2004 03:16 AM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Plymouth-Dakar Rally. looks like more fun.

The rules.

-

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 07-27-2004 10:08 AM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A great city.....have your walking shoes. Karluv Most - Charles bridge crossing the Vltava river; a nice walk across the river with musicians and artists displaying their wares. Old town area with the town clock, built in 1410, with state of the mechanical (1410) art show every hour when it chimes. The National Musuem if you are into technical stuff from Locomotives to cinema / photography hardware. Prague Castle, the world's largest ancient castle. It sits on a bluff and you can see the structure from kilometers away if on the river bank. River boat rides......and many fine restaurants with people accustomed to break out into in song and dance if the mood works [Cool]

Paul Cassidy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-27-2004 02:25 PM      Profile for Paul Cassidy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Cassidy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Looks like a Beautiful City .... seems untouched by the Turmoil of Wars and rule of the communists , Although the Hotel "Olsanka" where we are staying looks straight out of a Dr Strange Love movie [Big Grin] a BIG Grey concrete Block .

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 07-27-2004 10:09 PM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You should be too busy to notice the hotel [Big Grin] Just grab a tram ( plenty )or inexpensive cab. We where lucky by renting an apartment for week next to a tram line. Prague is home to the Barrandov studios, which was set up by the Havel family, one of Europe's largest production facilities....the cross town cab ride was USD$6.00 which for the same distance in Miami, Florida would be $30.00 +

Paul Cassidy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-28-2004 02:08 PM      Profile for Paul Cassidy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Cassidy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No cant be too fussy when all we will be doing is sleeping there .
I think it was Built for an Olympics that didn't go ahead ????
 -
quote:
Three stars Olsanka hotel offers accommodation in single, double, three and four bedded rooms and suites. All rooms and suites have their own facilities, which include a toilet and a bathroom with shower. The rooms also have TV with SAT, Radio, direct dial telephone.
The hotel has extensive facilities for sports and fitness. A 25 meter swimming pool and tennis courts are available for use as well as spa centre, which provides a large range of facilities such as massage tables, gym, sauna, whirlpool, solarium, electro treatment and bath

Paul Cassidy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-26-2004 04:42 PM      Profile for Paul Cassidy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Cassidy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I have returned safe and well from Praha via London and LAX and really enjoyed my stay in the Czech Republic , I took part in the 5K run and finished well down the field .... but it was such a great course to run or walk with such a beutiful back drop (running across the Vltava Bridges) it didn't matter so much about placing , I met so many fine people from all over the World and made so many New Friends .... so looking forward to Calgary CANADA next Sept 2005 . [beer]

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 09-26-2004 06:50 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am confused. I thought you own a cinema, why does the weblink in the profile go to Air New Zealand?

Paul Cassidy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-26-2004 06:56 PM      Profile for Paul Cassidy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Cassidy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes did own a Cinema , but the Village 8 rolled into Town and the Landlord would not allow me to make changes to the Cinema to provide for Live and Film shows , so had no option but to close and find another living , I still do part time shows for a Bollywood Cinema .All the cinema equipement is still in storage around the place .... looking for another home .

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: