Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Exorcist: The New Beginning is rated NC-17

Author Topic: Exorcist: The New Beginning is rated NC-17
Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-28-2004 02:05 PM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rumor Has It: From www.captainhowdy.com

quote:
That is the question... It was revealed recently the MPAA will slap the new Exorcist prequel Exorcist: The Beginning with an NC-17 rating, 'due to the film being to graphic and violent'.

I was contacted by Greg Mielcarz, Head of Worldwide Publicity at Morgan Creek Studios, who has been keeping fans up-to-date with recent progress on our Exorcist Fan Forum.

"Morgan Creek and Warner Bros. are trying to appeal the decision, but being as we're only 34 days from release, the filmmakers might cut the scenes deemed inappropriate in order to secure an 'R' rating", Greg said.

Exorcist: The Beginning opens in the U.S. on August 20, with following countries to receive release in the weeks following.

Hopefully, having to cut such graphic scenes won't have too much of an impact on the quality or reception of the film. There is still no official word as to whether scenes will be cut.

"If that's the case, fans can look forward to seeing these deleted scenes on DVD." said Greg.

I think NC-17 would be pretty damn cool. If it isn't, I'll definately buy the DVD.

|  IP: Logged

Steve Scott
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-30-2004 03:43 PM      Profile for Steve Scott   Email Steve Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any other sources confirm this? I.M.E.'s Scoreboard lists it as R.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-30-2004 04:06 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Captain Howdy need to learn to spell.

BTW, is anyone actually excited about this movie? [Confused]

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 07-30-2004 04:14 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Regarding Richard, NC-17, and why he's excited about it, there's a punch line here, but I can't put my finger on it.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-30-2004 06:00 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They ought to run with the NC17. The amount of publicity it would generate might lift it from sure tank-ville up to the general flop level.

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-30-2004 11:50 PM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most major chains, including the one I work for, won't run NC-17 movies.

I'm looking forwarrd to it. To be perfectly honest the original Exorcist didn't age all that well. I watched it for the first time with only two other people the day before Halloween during the most recent re-release. Even with the added footage the plot made no sense ("this girl gets possesed for some odd reason related to this relic that this dude found and despite knowing what it was lost it and it ended up with the girls mother. Cue groos out scenes and exorcism"). The movie had good acting for sure and I can even appreciate the directors style but in the end its just an early version of the 'shock' movies so many people despire nowadays.

The new one looks to actually have some sort of plot (at least judging from the trailer) which would be kind of kewl. Movies with plots are da bomb.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 07-31-2004 09:03 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Brad Miller
is anyone actually excited about this movie?
[sleep]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: