Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » AIM IM to phone

Author Topic: AIM IM to phone
Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 08-01-2004 05:17 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone else play with the AIM feature that forwards IM's as a cel phone text message if you're not online? It's a good thing I have no constructive use for this "feature" because what I am finding is that if I reply after the other person is no longer online it gives no indication that they're gone nor does it cache the message for later delivery. It appears to have gone through but in fact is simply lost.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 08-01-2004 07:52 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check to see if there is a IM app for your spacific phone. The moble web edition (like the one built in to T-Zones) is pure [bs] .

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-01-2004 07:59 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to use it all the time, but it gets annoyign when you are signed on from your phone and then you get home and sign on your PC. Every IM sets off your phone and it takes forever to get to the menu that lets you sign off of the phone. Overall, I prefer a standard text message.

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 08-01-2004 10:05 PM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[puke] Especially when a service you are using charges you for every message you send. And also just for getting to the AIM feature you have to access the Internet(basically on the whole time) which also using it means you are being charged by the kb. Other phone services offer certain deals but its still [thumbsdown] .

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-01-2004 10:36 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I told you that your phone was stupid. Mine is way better.

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 08-01-2004 10:54 PM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ohh... yeah I forgot everything that belongs to you is so much better than mine... But I got 2 free phones out of it!

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-02-2004 12:39 AM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dont have to pay per IM, so yeah techinically that would make it better than yours. [Razz]

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 08-02-2004 12:59 AM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've learned to stop going on my AIM cell phone rampages... remember thoses days Chris? Or wasn't it you who kept AIMing me messages while you were on the clock. Yes, your service is cooler... but you now have no use for using AIM. You have no friends remember. [Razz]

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-02-2004 01:05 AM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I could talk to Tim if I wanted to....seriously though, we are talking about cell phone service here.

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 08-02-2004 01:16 AM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I could talk to Tim if I wanted to
I was referring to cell phone services and the fact that you have no use for the IM feature... You seem to have gone off topic by saying you could "talk"...
It's called "IMing" get with the times. [Roll Eyes]

But for the people who might want to get in on the "cool" deal of free IM sending... I assume its Sprint that provides that.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 08-02-2004 01:38 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why would anyone want AIM via their cellphones? The one time I talked to Chris on AIM he said he was on his cell phone, but I didn't see the li'l phone icon next to his screenname that indicates a person is using cellphone AIM. I was wondering how he could respond so fast using only a cell phone. [Roll Eyes]

Anyway, the best way is to just lug your laptop around and steal other people's wireless internet to check your precious AIM since we all know it's a major communication tool and not just a leisure chat program.

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-02-2004 06:54 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was using my cell phone as a modem for my PC, I was not actually using the aim program on my cell phone.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: