Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Peasant's Quest

Author Topic: Peasant's Quest
Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-06-2004 02:29 AM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know we have some Homestar fans here. Anyone play the new Peasant's Quest game yet? I can't figure it out. I end up going in circles, and I cannot get past the knight. Don't tell me the whole game, but at least give me a clue how to get past the knight. [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Emma Tomiak
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-06-2004 04:16 AM      Profile for Emma Tomiak   Author's Homepage   Email Emma Tomiak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't played it yet, but I have watched the "ad" for it about a billion times. [Big Grin]

:::EDIT:::

Ok, I give up too. I can't figure it out. Help!

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-06-2004 07:24 AM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A walkthrough is available at:

Peasant Quest Walkthrough

I haven't checked to see if it works.

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 08-06-2004 07:51 AM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haven't played yet, I'll try it out later and let you know how I do. [Smile]

Dave Cogley
Film Handler

- posted 08-06-2004 11:43 AM      Profile for Dave Cogley   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Cogley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You won't be able to get past the knight for awhile. You need three things. You must SMELL like a peasent, DRESS like a peasent and be on FIRE like a peasent.

To get you started you should go visit the lady with the baby. She is in the cottage, One of two cottages that have not been burninated with the four berry bushes around it. Go inside and take the chicken feed. When you leave be sure to search the bushes outside for a trinket. Take the chicken feed to where the old man is fishing and throw it into the water. Go one screen over to the left and take the pebbles from the beach. Take the pebbles to the well and put them in the bucket. Crank the bucket back up and take the mask and go scare the horse.

That's enough to get you started.

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-06-2004 12:29 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! Before I posted, I already got the chicken feed and the super trinket. Never thought about the other stuff. Thanks!

Brian Michael Weidemann
Expert cat molester

- posted 08-06-2004 04:45 PM      Profile for Brian Michael Weidemann   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Michael Weidemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After viewing the promo, I wasn't sure if it was a real game, or just a cool short, like Cardgage Mortgage. Then I thought, would they really program it with the AGI/SCI coding that Sierra has publicly released, or would they just mock it up with Flash. The Flash format works, plus they can take a few liberties with the graphics. All in all, I'm fairly impressed. (I still have my original copy of Space Quest on 5.25 floppy! I wish it worked on ANYTHING!)

I haven't played it too much. I can't get three bullseyes, though, so I'm stuck there.

EDIT: Okay, I just finished it with 144 of 150.

Does anyone know what the hell you do with the naked guy? [Confused]

[ 08-06-2004, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: Brian Michael Weidemann ]

Emma Tomiak
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-06-2004 08:30 PM      Profile for Emma Tomiak   Author's Homepage   Email Emma Tomiak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
YAY!! I just won with 145 out of 150!

How do you get 150 out of 150? Any tips?

Brian, what naked guy? [Confused]

Christian Volpi
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-06-2004 11:25 PM      Profile for Christian Volpi   Author's Homepage   Email Christian Volpi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been a huge fan of Homestar Runner and the rest of the gang for a long time now but I must say that I was disappointed with Peasents Quest. They need to focus on bringing us more Strong Bad emails (which I have sent in many) and my favorite: Teen Girl Squad!

Brian Michael Weidemann
Expert cat molester

- posted 08-07-2004 02:04 AM      Profile for Brian Michael Weidemann   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Michael Weidemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was very much impressed with Peasant's Quest. I adore the Strong Bad e-mails as much as anyone. And yes, I'm a HUGE fan of Teen Girl Squad. But I love seeing more things on there. We get a new e-mail really often, so I get excited when there's something new that isn't an e-mail.

quote: Emma Tomiak
Brian, what naked guy?
The screen with the thin, wavy tree. Sometimes when you're in there naked guy peeks out from the tree in the foreground. As soon as you try talking to him, he gets startled and hides. Other than that, I haven't found anything else he does.

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 08-07-2004 10:28 AM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have 4 out of 150, I'm doing great. [Wink]

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-09-2004 05:30 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I got the pebbles, got the mask, scared the horse, and played the archery game. I wouldn't have known to do any of that stuff if It weren't for your clues. Thanks. I just lost at 19 points cause I got killed by that yak-looking thing. What is that?

Still can't get 3 bull's eyes. Took me a while to figure out how to even shoot properly. Now that I got the hang of it, it's just a matter of aiming correctly given the current wind.

I haven't seen the naked guy yet.

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-16-2004 07:51 AM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I had to use the walkhrough, or else I never would have figured it out. Got to the the end, but still haven't figured out how to kill the burninator.

How did you guys figure out the game on your own? [Confused]

Brian Michael Weidemann
Expert cat molester

- posted 08-16-2004 03:30 PM      Profile for Brian Michael Weidemann   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Michael Weidemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When one is raised on these kinds of games, one catches on to the format. It's just a knack at that point. I've always been a "problem solver" by nature. I love the challenge of games like this, but this one didn't stump me as much as I would have hoped ... but then, this is a cheesy Flash reproduction of the style, and I'm pleased they made it as intricate as they did.

By the way, anyone actually played/beaten the Thy Dungeonman game? I was expecting Peasant's Quest, if it turned out to be real, to be just as simple. Fortunately it wasn't.

(SPOILER) The checked the walkthrough (which, granted, is not an official walkthrough) after completing the game (regardless of "killing" the Burninator) and I only missed the part about putting the baby down the well. Hmmm ... somehow that never occured to me! [Razz]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: