Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Why I am Jealous of another Forum Member? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: Why I am Jealous of another Forum Member?
Gordon Hedges III
Jealous of everyone not me

- posted 08-08-2004 11:45 PM      Profile for Gordon Hedges III   Email Gordon Hedges III   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been checking out the post of why Richard is jealous of Manny and thought that maybe other members are jealous of someone else. To have too many topics of WHO I AM JEALOUS OF? I thought one thread should suffice. I do have the envy bug on someone and unfortunately I am sure he would feel more High and Mighty than he already is. [Smile]

Member:
JOE REDIFER
Why:
1. He lives in Denver, Colorado. I still think of trying to get back there for the past 12 years. I went to school in Aurora and lived in a couple of places in Denver. Most of my teenage memories come from that area.
2. He worked (or is still working, I don't know) at one of my all time favorite theatres. The United Artist Continental when it was a one-screener. I still remember watching T2 in a packed house. I sat right up front on the far left in a sold out performance for the 70mm presentation.
3. The way his forum pic emphasizes his post. Not even Brad's does that.
4. His humor surpasses mine even on a sadistic level.

|  IP: Logged

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-08-2004 11:50 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are not jealous of Joe, it is his mind control over you.

Seriously though, can there jsut be one thread about who you are jealous about, this is getting old fast.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 08-08-2004 11:58 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1. Damn straight!

2. Did the CDS (Cinema Digital Sound) actually work for that show?

3. I may go to a single pic soon, and then pop back on later with a different set of varying pics. Change is good, kna mean? Brad's pic changes like mine. It's just that he's always in "that mood".

4. My humor surpasses everybody's on EVERY level! Especially Steve Kraus' [Smile]

So who am I jealous of? Let's see (off of the top of my head):

Josh Jones
So damned smart at such a young age, with lots of contacts in the industry already. Bastard.

Phil Hill
Retired and still having fun.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Indespensable in the computer world. I wish I had his skill. But I don't wish I lived in Canada!

Joe Redifer
Yes, I am so awesome that I am actually jealous of myself. [Big Grin]

Brad Miller
Smart, enterprising, workaholic, and rivals my assholeness.

Gordon Hedges III

- posted 08-09-2004 12:16 AM      Profile for Gordon Hedges III   Email Gordon Hedges III   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mind control? No such thing.

Besides, if this is an uninteresting thread, it would eventually be pushed further back within the Film-Tech realm. What I was trying to see was how many people were envious of someone else. Not just where they live or how much money they have, but what they have done or have the capability to do. Sure it is very insecure to be too involved with not doing something to overcome this jealousy, but at least there are few things that make each person different and how they affect others. I could change the title to "WHY I LIKE ANOTHER FORUM MEMBER?" but that would bring up some very unnerving issues. I would think it would be a compliment to have someone jealous of you for stuff you can do or just who you are. Everyone is different and that's what makes each of us special. Even though I have the envy bug on someone, there are people out there that would be jealous of me. For what reason they would be jealous, I wouldn't know. I just try to be myself. This may have just been too much of a ramble, but wouldn't it boost your self esteem a bit if you were the subject?

Member:
Chris Hipp
Why:
1. His last name is "Hipp".
2. He lives near one of my bestest friends in the world.
3. He is considered the HIPPINATOR, while I am just an "EXPERT FILM HANDLER".
4. He can grow facial hair better than me. [Cool]

Joe,
At the time I didn't know the difference between a tape dispenser and a splicer. All I know is that the presentation was very good and I had one heck of a crick in my neck for the next few days. [Big Grin]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 08-09-2004 01:07 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, that list was far from comprehensive. Shame on you. You should list every member.

A few people I am jealous of (but by no means a comprehensive list):

Steve Guttag (Because he is Steve Guttag and he knows all. This simply cannot be disputed by anyone.)

Josh Jones (Again because he is way too smart and much too mature for his age.)

Daryl C. W. O'Shea (Again, way too smart for his age...and not just about computers either.)

Joe Redifer (Damn funny guy and very talented at many things.)

Phil Hill (Always the life of the party, always will be.)

Adam Martin (For his dedication to perfection with details...just look at Cinematour if you think I am kidding.)

Manny Knowles (This guy can read ANYBODY and has the most interesting takes on anything put forth to him!)

Scott Neff (The only person I've met who can ramble on and on for hours or days and yet he never gets boring to listen to. I so want to team Manny and Scott together on a radio talk show.)

Ethan Harper (Because Ethan IS the phiggidy wiggidy whack foshizzle of all.)

People I am not jealous of:

Any member without a picture (Those people just suck! [Mad] )

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-09-2004 01:34 AM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Which forum mebers am I jealous of? well none. While I could be jealous of certain people for being smarter, richer, more funny or for having more hair, I may not be jealous of other things such as anal warts or third nipples. You never know. [Smile]

Who am I jealous of? My cat, she doesnt waste her life working. She sleeps, eats and fights with the other cats all day. She never has to feed herself or clean up after herself. Everything I have always wanted to be.

Gordon Hedges III

- posted 08-09-2004 01:46 AM      Profile for Gordon Hedges III   Email Gordon Hedges III   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
See, there you go. You can do all those things your cat does, but it might be in the far future in a nursing home or something. Just not now. And who wouldn't be jealous of a third nipple. I'm still wondering why men have them. [Confused]

Steve Guttag
Same reasons as Brad's. I have worked with him few times and I still get amazed at how easy he fixes my machines. Sometimes I feel bad that he had to come all the way out to my theatre to flick a switch.

John Walsh
Calling him up to get help on certain equipment is a relief. He seems to have an answer for everything.

Brad Miller
To come up with an idea and stick with it and create this website is a great accomplishment. All I can do is think of an idea and then lose it when the next customer bothers me about a stupid rating on a movie.

Phil Hill
Well, he is Phil Hill.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 08-09-2004 01:55 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Chris Hipp
Who am I jealous of? My cat, she doesnt waste her life working. She sleeps, eats and fights with the other cats all day. She never has to feed herself or clean up after herself. Everything I have always wanted to be.
Chris, your cat may not have to clean up after herself, but she does have to clean herself after a poop session in a manner of which you probably wouldn't enjoy. [Razz]

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 08-09-2004 02:25 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Somehow I think that may be one of the reasons Chris is jealous of the cat. [Eek!]

Gordon Hedges III

- posted 08-09-2004 02:43 AM      Profile for Gordon Hedges III   Email Gordon Hedges III   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the "JEALOUS OF EVERYONE NOT ME" title. I feel so priviledged. [Mad]

[thumbsup]

Had to be [evil] Joe.

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-09-2004 02:53 AM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All members with pictures : they aren't procrastinators like I am when it comes to taking a picture. I'm trying everyone!

Phil Hill : Always happy, even at that ripe age. Also, lives in Hollywood!

Jedi Master Film Handlers : I just want that title of Jedi. [Big Grin]

AJG

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 08-09-2004 05:19 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, before I make my list, I'd like to dispel some misconceptions about me:

1) I'm NOT retired...just between jobs.
2) I don't live in Hollywood, I actually live in Colorado with Joe.
3) I'm not the "life of any party" since I am very shy and I never go out and I'm a "shut-in".
4) I'm NOT gay, my boyfriend is.

All that being said, here is my list of who I am jealous of:

Joe Redifer
Cuz he has a cute ass.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Cuz he has a cute ass.

Josh Jones
Cuz he has a cute ass.

Manny Knowles
Cuz he has a cute ass.

Ethan Harper
Cuz he has a cute ass.

Kyle McEachern
Probably has a cute ass, but haven't met him yet! Cute Smile!

Chris Hipp
Cuz he can grow facial hair better than me.

Brad Miller
(Damn! I can't think of a reason!)

>>> Phil

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-09-2004 09:43 AM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How come nobody is jealous of me!!!

I live in the bestest state in the US.

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 08-09-2004 09:56 AM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm jealous of Brad because he can ban people and I cant. [Mad] Who does he think he is anyway?!?! [Wink]

Joe said:
quote:
4. My humor surpasses everybody's on EVERY level!
Your humor surpasses no one!!

Joes humor: [thumbsdown]

Anything I say or do: [thumbsup]

[Big Grin]

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-09-2004 01:10 PM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry, Richard. No one is jealous of me either. Probably because they know I am so cool that even the sheer thought of my awesomeness makes them afraid to mention my name. [Big Grin]

Personally, I am jealous of everyone who has been banned from the forums. These individuals had the audacity to say whatever it was that was on their minds with complete disregard of any and all of its implications and the consequences that were sure to follow. While such an attitude is often condemned, such boldness should also be admired. These bold individuals with their blunt, albeit sometimes true statements should be an inspiration to us all in times of revolution, be it against the CAP code, digital cinema, or a tyrranical government.

Or at least, I think that's what I mean. [Confused]

=TMP=

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: