Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Star Wars Episodes 7,8, and 9 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Star Wars Episodes 7,8, and 9
Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-25-2004 08:19 AM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.imdb.com/news/sb/#2

'Star Wars' Sequels?

quote:
The Star Wars fansite Theforce.net has posted a message claiming that employees of Lucas's special effects company Industrial Light and Magic have been required to sign non-disclosure agreements promising not talk about the possibility of a trilogy sequel. The message reads: "You didn't hear this from me, but you might be curious as to why everyone at ILM just signed NDA's saying that they will not discuss Star Wars episodes 7, 8, or 9." Lucas had previously said that when the current prequel trilogy is completed, he will shut down the franchise for good. However, the poster remarked: "Since they're [the sequels] not being made, why the NDA's?"

|  IP: Logged

Gracia L. Babbidge
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-25-2004 09:06 AM      Profile for Gracia L. Babbidge   Author's Homepage   Email Gracia L. Babbidge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Curious indeed. [eyes]

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-25-2004 02:41 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As Phil Hill might say

[sleep]

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 08-25-2004 04:00 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As the live action has become secondary to the CGI, maybe Pixar should make the next triology. [Cool]

John Hawkinson
Film God

- posted 08-25-2004 04:31 PM      Profile for John Hawkinson   Email John Hawkinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best to cite as http://www.imdb.com/news/sb/2004-08-24#2 so it works after yesterday [Smile] .

--jhawk

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 08-25-2004 07:25 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No matter what site you are directed to about it its still all [sleep] .

Mark

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-25-2004 08:56 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Given that Lucas keeps wanting to change the movies, it would be no surprise if he flip-flops on this issue. I still have a ROLLING STONE mag from when Empire came out where he talks about nine episodes. Then he changed his mind and said that "Return of the Jedi" was really the end of the story.

As bad as the newer movies have been and as poorly received as they have been by critics and even by many uber-fans, I would think he'd want to get Episode III done and get the hell out of Dodge. He probably wants to have another reason to say "Everyone must have digital cinema to play this movie!" since that obviously isn't gonna happen in time for III.

But the bottom line really is, as stated above, [sleep]

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-26-2004 02:05 AM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: John Pytlak
As the live action has become secondary to the CGI, maybe Pixar should make the next triology.
I think you have something there John. That'd actually rock! Now, if they could get Ford, Fisher, and Hamill for voice talent. Wow.

AJG

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 08-28-2004 11:47 AM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Speak of the devil.

quote:
Star Wars Episodes 7 - 9 to be animated?

Moviehole and IESB report that Star Wars Episodes 7 - 9 - if the sequels do happen - may be animated, considering the actors from the original trilogy are respectively older than they were in the previous installments, and Lucasfilm has a new Singapore animation studio that would be perfect for such a venture. If the sequels do not happen, however, there is still talk of a new Star Wars animated series in the works.

http://www.animated-news.com/archives/00002224.html

Dean Kollet
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-28-2004 02:50 PM      Profile for Dean Kollet   Email Dean Kollet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what's more likely to happen is a movie between episodes 5 and 6....Back when I was hitting up the Star Wars online stuff 6-7 years ago that was a huge discussion

Brian Michael Weidemann
Expert cat molester

- posted 08-28-2004 03:39 PM      Profile for Brian Michael Weidemann   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Michael Weidemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I read Shadows of the Empire a few years back (the segué between 5 and 6) and thought it was well done. It would make a good movie, but the continuity would be horrid (with older actors or new actors) unless they did some convincing CG work. Which is possible.

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 08-28-2004 05:45 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Brian Michael Weidemann
unless they did some convincing CG work. Which is possible.
Are you kidding?

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 08-29-2004 11:18 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry people. Episode three is the last installment. Lucasfilm has denied any further episodes for years, and they are denying that any NDA's have been handed to thier employees regarding any further installments.

They have however left open the possibility of a future TV series, live action or animated. But that is all rumor as well.

Even Uncle George knows when to quit. Attack of the clones was financial proof that people are tired of his crap.

Ciao

Dave

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 08-29-2004 12:31 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Brian Michael Weidemann
I read Shadows of the Empire a few years back (the segué between 5 and 6) and thought it was well done. It would make a good movie, but the continuity would be horrid (with older actors or new actors) unless they did some convincing CG work. Which is possible.

I remember reading somewhere that in order for those books to be published Lucas gave them the right to do it however he did not give them the right to make them into movies.

Hmmmmmmmm Attack of the clones did make over $300 million dollars. I am looking forward to the third installment. Pretty much the one I have been wanting to see the most. I think it will do better than the second one.

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-29-2004 01:20 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Dave Williams
Even Uncle George knows when to quit. Attack of the clones was financial proof that people are tired of his crap.
Ummm, yeah, this movie did quite well. If I am correct, I believe it is in the top 100 grossing movies of all time.

My point of all this is: I am a huge fan of the original 3 movies. The rest was all about G-R-E-E-D. I would not be surprised if more of something gets made with the name STAR WARS attached to it - for the mere fact that major $ DOLLARS $ are involved.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: