Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » My New Politically Charged Website

Author Topic: My New Politically Charged Website
Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 08-30-2004 01:26 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keeping with rules about NO political discussions on this site, I will not discuss politics on this site, and please no one else condemn me to death on this either.

THANK YOU.

I have started a long process of running my own politically charged website, and will do a live talk show based initially on the internet. For now it only has daily columns by myself, but will add much content as time moves forward.

IF anyone would like to take a gander, here is the temporary link to the site...

Dave's New Website

So thank you all for all the love I have received in the past, and wish me the best of luck in my new endevour. I shall continue to wreak havoc upon you all here however, you can count on that.

So look if you will, but keep political discussions off this place please, I just wanted to invite my fellow film techies to at least look at what kind of a lunatic I am.

Oh yeah, and you will have an annoying pop up ad, and that I cannot control for the moment, until the actual site is up and running, which will not be until mid october, so this one will have to do so I can at least get a little self agrandizing.

Ciao

Dave

|  IP: Logged

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 08-30-2004 01:49 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awe, no pop-ups, I guess my browser is broken. [Frown] Damn Firefox!

David Favel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-30-2004 03:37 AM      Profile for David Favel   Email David Favel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alas, no pop-ups on Google Toolbar either.

Read your column, didn't agree, but well written.

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-30-2004 08:23 AM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is now on my favorites list...I love you Dave !!!! [thumbsup] [beer] [Big Grin] [Eek!]

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 08-30-2004 09:40 AM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done, first column is a very good read. [thumbsup]

Wolff King Morrow
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-30-2004 04:29 PM      Profile for Wolff King Morrow   Author's Homepage   Email Wolff King Morrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave, I was quite surprised when I read your column. I had pegged you for one of those irrational liberals, but at least you try to be realistic and fair in your points. Nice! [thumbsup]

Pravin Ratnam
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-31-2004 12:13 AM      Profile for Pravin Ratnam   Email Pravin Ratnam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good first column. Dave, your 8-31 column needs more research. Glad to see you able to vent your opinions though, Dave. It is better than what we are doing - nothing. I do think blogs have reenergized people's interest in political discourse and that's a good thing.

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 09-01-2004 10:29 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you all for your wonderful comments. I will agree with you Pravin on my second column. I actually had some difficulty with that one, not really from a research standpoint but rather more that it really wasn't what I wanted to post. However I did and the pieces fall where they may. I may revisit it at a later date when my head is a little clearer on the subject.

I had some computer difficulties yesterday and blew out my hard drive.. lost the column and had to rewrite it today.. this one is more on the lines of the first one, and I believe I am going to keep things that way. The second one just kind of felt off to me.

Anyway.. if anyone has any feedback at all that is NOT POLITICAL in any way.. mind the ruled.. feel free to either post them here, or you can email me directly..

and thanks again for all those that did me the patronage of at least taking a look..

ciao

Dave

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 09-02-2004 07:50 AM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoyed the second column... I guess I'm alone on that one.

Ron Yost
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-02-2004 01:32 PM      Profile for Ron Yost   Email Ron Yost   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No you're not, Rachel. I enjoyed it very much, too. Good job, Dave. [Smile]

Ron Yost

Aaron Mehocic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-02-2004 07:28 PM      Profile for Aaron Mehocic   Email Aaron Mehocic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not bad. Modern versions of the Federalist Papers if one stops and thinks about it.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: