Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » "Bouncy" Japanese TV spot (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: "Bouncy" Japanese TV spot
Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 09-07-2004 12:34 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, the minimalist zen-like esthetic of Japanese TV spots. Such a simple premise--just a bikini-clad girl and the product, framed in a static shot that could be from any Ozu film. Such camera work, such natural lighting, such work for the motion prediction algorithms... [Big Grin]

Choco Party chocolates spot -- 14 sec.

[ 09-08-2004, 12:18 AM: Message edited by: Paul Mayer ]

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 09-07-2004 06:05 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That would do well here. Can they not pronounce the letter "D" in Japan?

Also Paul, please change the subject title so it is not a teaser. Thanks.

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 09-07-2004 08:11 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They can, but Japanese has only open syllables (meaning there is always a vowel after a consonant, except for N which can end a syllable, like in BAN-ZAI), so they either say "goo(d)" with an almost inaudible D or "goodu". Another example for what open syllables can do to a foreign word is "makudonarudo".

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 09-07-2004 08:27 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The letter "D"? What? I don't understand what you guys are talking about it. I played the clip, um, I don't know, about 50 times. The only things I noticed were the bikini girl's bouncing Ds.

The commercial could have been said in English and I wouldn't have heard a word of it. Wasn't there some bell dingy noises in that clip or was that just my e-mail client sounding?

Christian Appelt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2004 11:00 AM      Profile for Christian Appelt   Email Christian Appelt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You heard that noises too? I thought my motion detection neurons were overloading... [Big Grin]

Ron Yost
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2004 12:52 PM      Profile for Ron Yost   Email Ron Yost   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bobby .. Notice she says "goouh", not gooD. I suggest you watch it another 50 times or so. [Big Grin]

She must have had implants, tho .. Japanese girls are usually quite 'small', in my limited experience. [Wink]

Cute comercial, tho. Bouncy, bouncy. [thumbsup]

Ron Yost .. Konnichiwa

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 09-08-2004 11:58 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno... After exhaustive motion analysis I conclude that her voluptuousness has not been artificially enhanced. [Big Grin] As to Ron's observation that Japanese girls are usually small, I am reminded of Gilles Poitras' observation in his The Anime Companion (1999):
quote:
"Asian women don't have tits that big!"

This was the sentence that began it all. It was voiced by a friend while watching the early Ranma 1/2 TV episodes. [...] At the time this statement was voiced I was going out with a woman from mainland China who contradicted the statement, but not in words.

So for the next few years I did extensive hands-off research by observing and comparing East Asian women and Caucasian women. The conclusion I came to is that Asian women are not that small and Caucasian women are not all that large. If anyone doubts my unscientific conclusions let them spend some time making their own observations.

Obviously, much more research is needed in this field. [beer]

Ron Yost
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-09-2004 12:19 AM      Profile for Ron Yost   Email Ron Yost   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed, Paul .. need more 'data' for evaluation. [Big Grin]

Ron, more than a mouthfull's a waste, Yost. [Wink] [evil] [sex] [beer]

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-09-2004 02:43 AM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Ba ba ba big ba ba ba boobies"

Conan O'Brien

AJG

William Bunch
Film Handler

- posted 09-09-2004 07:27 AM      Profile for William Bunch   Author's Homepage   Email William Bunch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! I get to see commercials like that almost everyday. This particular one is not running in our area way up north. Usually the Tokyo and Osaka areas get the racy ones. Up here much more reserved or the local affiliate will insert a farm tractor commercial instead.

As for the Japanese women all being "small".... That just ain't true. One nice thing about being up here in the country is visiting the outdoor hotsprings. Most being co-ed you get the picture. My camping trips include alot of research on the subject. Not really hands on though.

Bill BuncH
Misawa, Japan

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 09-09-2004 05:15 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Ron Yost
She must have had implants, tho .. Japanese girls are usually quite 'small', in my limited experience.
Implants don't bounce like that. I'm willing to bet those hooters are 100% natural.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 09-09-2004 09:31 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, the video's not there...

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 09-09-2004 09:49 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Tim Reed
Okay, the video's not there...

"He who hesitates is a damned fool." (Mae West) [Big Grin]

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 09-09-2004 10:31 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim, I could e-mail it to you if you like. It's a WMV file about 1MB in size.

(okay, so I'm a total perv for saving the clip to my hard disc.)

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 09-09-2004 10:36 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The last thing she says is "Where are you looking?" (meaning 'What are you looking at?') although you can easily get that from the context.

Edit: Removed temporary link and to add:

Anyone who wants to keep it just look for it in your cache or temp directory after playing and copy it elsewhere.

[ 09-11-2004, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: Steve Kraus ]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: