Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Paul Thompson

Author Topic: Paul Thompson
Bob Koch
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-13-2004 07:56 PM      Profile for Bob Koch   Email Bob Koch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I`m very concerned ,as to what happened to Paul, but because of your not having my picture[who the hell wants to see somebody 82 years old, or because I havent posted enough[who the hell wants to know about WE Mirrophonic sound systems or Wide Range Electric] so I don`t often have the opportunity to respond, hence, I cannot correspond to Brad or anyone else on the foum, I sent email to Josh Jones about this and received no response. Paul was an old friend and I saw nothing on these forums about his passing. Could someone please enlighten me.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 09-13-2004 08:07 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.film-tech.com/ubb/f8/t003346.html

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 09-13-2004 08:08 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul G. Thompson R.I.P.

quote: Bob Koch
who the hell wants to see somebody 82 years old
I do. Why not?

quote: Bob Koch
who the hell wants to know about WE Mirrophonic sound systems or Wide Range Electric
You post about it and I'd be more than interested to read about it. I'm sure I'm not the only one either.

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 09-13-2004 08:35 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Moving to Yak

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 09-13-2004 09:13 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, after reading this forum for 5 years now, I am convinced that it does not matter how old or obscure the equipment you might write about is -- you will find at least one, and probably a dozen, people here who would be happy to discuss it. [Smile]

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-14-2004 02:28 AM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We discuss Phil and he could be considered "old" equipment. I say, anything goes: there seems to be enough variety here that would like to discuss anything.

AJG

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-14-2004 06:42 AM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Bob:

I'd love to read what you have to say about WE sound equipment. I personally would like to see audio going back to analogue and tubes.

It was a shock to all of us to learn of Paul's passing.

Bruce

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 09-14-2004 09:51 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hiya, Bob. Welcome. I don't have a photo either. I'm sure Brad will yell at me anytime now. [Wink]

I'd love to read about old equipment, and I certainly love hearing from the "old timers" in this forum. We whipper snappers learn a lot that way - well, I do anyway. (I'm 33 by the way.)

By the way, since this thread was moved, I hope Bob finds it ok, and doesn't think it was just deleted.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 09-16-2004 09:03 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, You should post more often. Many older techs thaat I know are reluctant to post here at all..... So you hahve total reign on the older equipment.... we want photos too [thumbsup] .

Mark

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: