Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Deleted

Author Topic: Deleted
Tony Hall
Film Handler

- posted 09-16-2004 08:55 AM      Profile for Tony Hall   Email Tony Hall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Deleted for certain reasons, sorry please lock me.

[ 09-16-2004, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: Tony Hall ]

|  IP: Logged

Paul Konen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-16-2004 09:19 AM      Profile for Paul Konen   Email Paul Konen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congress will probably do what it wants. If they would react to the same way they do today to letters, you'll get a form letter back with a "I understand your concern..." filled in by a staffer and the rep won't even see it.

(Hope this stayed out of the political arena [Smile] )

Tony Hall
Film Handler

- posted 09-16-2004 09:27 AM      Profile for Tony Hall   Email Tony Hall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If this hit the political arena im sorry and just delete it, but considering one of the biggest partys involved is Hollywood I would think its safe even if it is political arena.

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 09-16-2004 10:12 AM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Letters do count. Especially those that seem individual and not where someone prints up something drafted by an organization and puts their name on it. The representative or senator may not ever see it but the staff does indeed keep track of mail, email and phone calls pro or on an issue (actual snail mail counting most of all) to see which way voter opinion is going. Each letter received represents many more who feel the same way but didn't write.

Bottom line: If you feel strongly about something you should go ahead and write.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 09-16-2004 11:13 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since Tony went and deleted his original post about supporting efforts to prevent Hollywood studios to overturn the Betamax decision, even though there was nothing wrong with it (just, possibly, the responses to it), I'm going to lock the thread.

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 09-16-2004 06:21 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Additionally, there is a thread about the Betamax case (and related music download stuff) here.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: