Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Did You Know That... (game) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Did You Know That... (game)
Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 09-21-2004 09:34 AM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you know that...

• Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear
  • Contents may have settled during shipping
  • In Birmingham they love the governor
  • This seat may be used as a floatation device

|  IP: Logged

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 09-21-2004 09:40 AM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1. You have the right to remain silent and refuse to answer questions.
2. Anything you do say may be used against you in a court of law.
3. You have the right to consult an attorney before speaking to the police and to have an attorney present during questioning now or in the future.
4. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you before any questioning if you wish.
5. If you decide to answer questions now without an attorney present you will still have the right to stop answering at any time until you talk to an attorney.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 09-21-2004 11:20 AM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you know that the average human head weighs 8 pounds?

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 09-21-2004 10:32 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some "hair" Did you knows...because I'm studying:

Averaging out the human body, each square inch of human skin consists of 19 million cells, 60 hairs, 90 oil glands, 19 feet of blood vessels, 625 sweat glands, 19,000 sensory cells - and is normally inhabited by anywhere from 10,000 to a million bacteria.

There are between 100,000 and 150,000 hairs on the average person's head, and nearly 400,000 on your complete body.

Babies have about 1,100 hairs per square inch, but by age 50, this drops to around 250 per square inch. (Bad news for you Phil! [Smile] )

Each hair follicle will grow an average of 20 new hairs in a lifetime, at an average rate of a centimeter to a half inch per month - so if you lived to be 100 years old and had just one hair that never fell out, it would be over 12 meters (12 meters = about 40 feet) long.

Although humans may appear "naked" by the standards of other primates, we have more hair follicles per square inch than most other mammals.

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 09-21-2004 10:48 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kodak recycles over 20 million pounds of motion picture film annually:

http://www.fpchollywood.com/fscsalvage.html

Standard 35mm film is actually slit to 34.95 mm wide.

William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-22-2004 12:21 AM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
90% of household dust is sloughed-off skin cells, & the excrement of dust mites who feed on the dead skin cells.

Christopher Duvall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-22-2004 02:20 AM      Profile for Christopher Duvall   Email Christopher Duvall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The majority of the cream in an Oreo cookie is just lard and sugar

Dominos Pizza used to use peanut butter as a thickening agent in their pizza sauce

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 09-22-2004 08:33 AM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mario, of Super Mario Bros. fame, appeared in the 1981 arcade game, Donkey Kong. His original name was Jumpman, but was changed to Mario to honor the Nintendo of America's landlord, Mario Segali.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 09-22-2004 09:30 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The building in which the Pilgrim Fathers spent their last night in England before boarding the Mayflower in 1620 is now a gin distillery.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 09-22-2004 01:33 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...turtles can breathe through their ass.

...nothing rhymes with "month"

...that Mario Segali's name contains the word "Sega" which was Nintendo's main competitor for 2 console generations and was all-around better than Nintendo.

...that this thread might be more at home in the Joke Yak forum?

Greg Davis
Film Handler

- posted 09-22-2004 02:18 PM      Profile for Greg Davis   Email Greg Davis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
that on average a person swallows 7 spiders in their sleep

if threaded into a rope, and long enough, average human hair can support 400 other people

there are over 300 forms of cheese, which means over 300 ways to make mold from milk.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 09-22-2004 02:49 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Rachel Gilardi
Babies have about 1,100 hairs per square inch, but by age 50, this drops to around 250 per square inch. (Bad news for you Phil! )
How in the heck do I get dragged into these things?

MaDamn Moderator, FYI: Although I'm what's considered "smooth" and have very little body hair and chest hair, I do have a full head of lush hair. I have some friends that started balding in their early 20's. It's a gene thing.

I personally just counted all the hairs on my head and I have an average of 1076 hairs/sq-in. NO balding, no thinning, and NO shit!

Until I was about 35, I only had "peach fuzz" and I didn't even have to shave facial hair.

Now, at 39, I have to shave daily else my beard would look like Will's chest.

>>> Phil

Tommie Evans
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-22-2004 03:29 PM      Profile for Tommie Evans   Email Tommie Evans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When you die you lose 21 grams.
Waffer is made out of snail shells?
Sleeping tablet label: CAUTION: may cause drowsiness!
Child medicine label: WARNING: Do not drive or use heavy machinery!
You can fit all the people in the world on the Isle of White (small island on the south coast of England).....

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 09-22-2004 05:51 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you know...

It is difficult to read subtitles in the cinerama dome.

The home floors for the elevators at Embasy Suites in Garden Grove are 1 & 7.

Starfish have no brain.

Making a couple hundred lines of [puke] in the chatroom will cause it to crash.

Even in a coma, Rodney Dangerfield still can't get any respect.

I have 110 unread e-mails

Liquid Generation is actually a front for a statistics and data collecting firm, designed to get teens and young adults to give up personal information. But they sure are funny!

San Diego area trick-or-treaters can visit The Great Pumpkin , now in it's 40th year!

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 09-22-2004 06:34 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Blondes have more hair than dark-haired people. (That's why they're called hair-brained)

Most men have erections every hour to hour and a half during sleep. (REM sleep)

Penis size is inversely proportional to intelligence. (Duh, I flunked outta high school)

The average duration of sexual intercourse for humans is 2 minutes. (That's why the song "Two-Minute Man" was written)

The largest cell in the human body is the female reproductive cell, the ovum. The smallest is the male sperm. (Size DOES matter)

>>> Phil

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: