Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Janet Leigh Passes

Author Topic: Janet Leigh Passes
Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-04-2004 08:28 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, going to Sun Valley wuill never be the same. She will be greatly missed.

Mark

Here is the story and link..............
http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movies/10/04/obit.leigh/index.html

'Psycho' star Janet Leigh dies at 77
Monday, October 4, 2004 Posted: 9:08 AM EDT (1308 GMT)

Janet Leigh was best known to moviegoers for her role in the 1960 Alfred Hitchcock film, "Psycho."

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Hollywood movie star Janet Leigh, best known as the slasher victim in the 1960 Alfred Hitchcock thriller, "Psycho," has died, a spokeswoman for her daughter, actress Jamie Lee Curtis, said Monday.

"Janet Leigh died peacefully in her home Sunday afternoon," said the spokeswoman, Heidi Schaeffer.

Leigh, 77, died in her Beverly Hills home surrounded by daughters Jamie Lee and Kelly Curtis and her fourth husband, Robert Brandt, Schaeffer said.

Leigh had been battling vasculitis -- an inflammation of the blood vessels -- for a year, she said.

Leigh married Brandt in 1962 after an 11-year marriage to actor Tony Curtis, the father of her two children.

The actress won a Golden Globe Award and received an Oscar nomination for best supporting actress for her role as an embezzling office worker in "Psycho." Her chilling death in the film's shower scene is famous among generations of moviegoers.

In addition to the Hitchcock classic, Leigh appeared in other films such as "The Manchurian Candidate" (1962), "Bye Bye Birdie" (1963), "Little Women" (1949) and "Touch of Evil" (1958). More recently, she appeared in "Halloween H20: 20 Years Later" (1998) with daughter Jamie Lee.

Leigh had requested that all donations in her name be made to the Motion Picture and Television Foundation.

Leigh's publicist, John Frazer, said the actress served on the board of directors for the fund, which provides health care and medical treatment to those who work in the entertainment industry.

"She was not only a legendary actress, but she was also an author and a humanitarian," Frazer said.

|  IP: Logged

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-04-2004 11:29 AM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just heard this on the news. [Frown]

I've only seen Psycho among her films (yeah, I know, I should catch up...) but man, she was awesome! It's also my favorite Hitchcock film, because Janet seemed to have a "chemistry" with his style. She will be missed. Sad to hear she suffered for a year with the diesease, though.

=TMP=

Dean Kollet
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-06-2004 12:52 AM      Profile for Dean Kollet   Email Dean Kollet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sad days [Frown]

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-07-2004 06:49 AM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My deepest sympathy goes out to her family and children. I love most of her films.

Now, she is working with Hitch again!

Josh Jones
Redhat

- posted 10-10-2004 12:42 AM      Profile for Josh Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Josh Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very sad to hear this news. She was at our theatre two years ago or so for silent movie night.

She will be missed.

JJ

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: