Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » film showing on the battleship

Author Topic: film showing on the battleship
Mike Fitzgerald
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-09-2004 09:07 AM      Profile for Mike Fitzgerald   Email Mike Fitzgerald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We had our fall movie showing at the Battleship North Carolina on the ships fantail. We showed a tape of the Wizard of Oz and we had over 600 people show up for it. I had taken my 8 oz popper to use and the popcorn line was 40 people deep at one point and we started selling the popcorn and cans of soda(Coke was nice to donate the cans of soda) at 6:30 45 minutes before we started the movie and the line ended when it said the end on the screen. It was a fantastic evening and beautiful night and evryone had a great time. I will see if I can get some pictures from the local news media and post them if anyone wishes to see them

|  IP: Logged

Dan Lyons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-09-2004 01:32 PM      Profile for Dan Lyons   Email Dan Lyons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why would 600 people show up to see a videotape on a boat? I was lucky to get 50 people to show up last year when I showed that film on 35mm in IBtech.

Must have been a rumour going around that there was going to be free drugs and lotsa sex below deck. [evil] [Wink]

danny

Mike Fitzgerald
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-09-2004 01:58 PM      Profile for Mike Fitzgerald   Email Mike Fitzgerald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have been having great luck in building our audience for these festivals. Dollar for the movie a dollar for the can of soda and a dollar for the popcorn. Next series is in May for 4 weeks.
May 6 The Big Sleep (1946)
May 13 The Lady Vanishes (1938)
May 20 Witness for the Prosecution (1957)
May 27 Arsenic and Old Lace (1944) with a intro by Frank Capra Jr.
We have ben having a lot of fun with these films and the crowds grow bigger each year.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: