Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Plano-Austin drive time (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Plano-Austin drive time
Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-11-2004 04:10 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok Texas Techers

There is a chance ,God preserve you all, that I may be dropping in on your wonderful state in the next month or so.

Two places I have to visit on business are Plano and Austin.

Just wondered if you could advise me on average drive time betwen the two areas if I was to leave Plano around 10am on a weekday?

3and a half to 4 hours or am I way out?

Any advice appreciated

|  IP: Logged

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 10-11-2004 04:26 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
www.mapquest.com

Not to be blindly trusted, but good enough for planning.

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-11-2004 05:03 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael
In the words of our friends at American Excess "That'll do nicely"

Thanks

William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-11-2004 06:49 AM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Be aware that if you try to bring any toolboxes or fishing tackle boxes INTO Plano, you will likely be detained for a long time by the local authorities.

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-11-2004 07:51 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just Plano? [Confused] Do they stop you at the city limits?
Is fishing illegal?

William T. Parr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-11-2004 08:00 AM      Profile for William T. Parr   Email William T. Parr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dick I just made that trip last weekend and it takes roughly 4 to 4 1/2 hours depending on traffic through Downtown Dallas that day.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 10-11-2004 09:01 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
What brings you to the loveliness that is Plano and Austin?

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 10-11-2004 09:09 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So when do you plan to visit our pubs up here again?

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-11-2004 09:12 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fraid that will have to remain under a cloak of secrecy for now [Wink]

However if it all comes together I will try and get a few days "personal time " to explore the finer parts of the DFW area.Perhaps may even get chance for a beer [beer]

Gord I hope to be in Toronto early next year. But not too early as I would like to remember what "above zero"is!

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 10-11-2004 02:27 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Traffic in Dallas is not the only concern influencing the drive time between DFW and Austin. I-35 can get really overloaded with traffic in the Austin area. Traffic jams can happen at any point in between the two metros.

If I drive from Oklahoma down to San Antonio, I don't even bother with I-35 (drive US 281). But for Dallas to Austin, I-35 is your only choice unfortunately. A parallel toll road will eventually be completed from just south of the DFW area, bypassing Austin and running down to the east of San Antonio. Hopefully that, as well as a rebuilding of I-35 through Austin, will happen sooner rather than later.

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 10-11-2004 06:04 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
While in Plano, you need to stop by the Studio Movie Grill and have dinner at Brad's theater.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 10-11-2004 06:28 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
He who stops by for dinner must thread a round.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 10-11-2004 07:24 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was the opposite for me. I stopped by to thread 2 rounds and I was forced to eat buttered pizza. [Smile]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 10-11-2004 08:54 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
That's because you are Joe Redifer.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 10-11-2004 09:22 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well shit!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: