Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Liquid Soap: Dishwashing versus Handwashing (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Liquid Soap: Dishwashing versus Handwashing
Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 10-12-2004 05:29 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A friend of mine uses a Liquid Dial soap for handwashing and also dishwashing.

Am I just a victim of marketing hype or should he be using a different liquid soap like Dawn or Joy for the dishes?

|  IP: Logged

Steve Scott
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-12-2004 05:33 PM      Profile for Steve Scott   Email Steve Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It probably depends on how the food tastes on the freshly washed plates...

Manny Knowles

- posted 10-12-2004 05:59 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Funny.

But not very helpful.

Does anyone know the answer?

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 10-12-2004 06:03 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Manny,
One is for dishes, and one is for hands,

One is a detergent and one is a soap, you dope!

>>> Phil

Dan Lyons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-12-2004 06:18 PM      Profile for Dan Lyons   Email Dan Lyons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope he doesn't put the Dial in the dishwasher! I did something like that when I was little... mom went nuts... foam for miles all over the floor. I did the same with the washing machine a few times. I was evil. [evil]

Dial liquid is also very drying to the skin; but great to clean your piercings with because it has good germ killing power. [thumbsup]

danny

Manny Knowles

- posted 10-12-2004 06:21 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DANNY --> The dishes are washed by hand.

----

Dear Diary:

I think Phil is fucking with me.

Is there really a difference between detergent and soap?

Even if they're both liquid?

Lost without your love,
Manny.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 10-12-2004 06:44 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Liquid? I use blue powdery crap to wash my dishes. It's called Cascade and it kicks all ass! It goes in the dishwasher. I only rinse the plates before the dishwasher gets them.

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-12-2004 07:05 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
MR Redifer, I suggest you invest in a new dishwaher, if you have to rinse it first it is not good enough.

Detergents are synthetic, soap is made with natural ingredients. Watch fight club if you want to know the ingredients. Monkeys eat soap. They eat it because of the high fat content, fat is hard to come by in the jungle. Detergent is also more detrimental to the environment, is your friend a tree hugger? That could be the reason, or maybe Dial is cheaper than dawn.

William Leland III
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-12-2004 07:37 PM      Profile for William Leland III   Author's Homepage   Email William Leland III   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
manny, i use handwashing soap for dishes also, the reason being is it's cheaper than dish washing soap.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 10-12-2004 07:51 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Chris if I don't finish what I was eating, then yes the plates do need to be rinsed. I don't think I want to put a dish in the dishwasher a whole bunch of spaghetti still on it. I'd rather it stink up the sewer than stink up my trash can.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 10-12-2004 08:18 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Dan Lyons
...great to clean your piercings...
So Danny, speaking from personal experience? Perhaps a Prince Albert?

>>> Phil

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-12-2004 08:59 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is only ONE detergent that need be kept around the house. Its Very gentle which Phil will like alot... its also good for dished(gee suppose so?), hand soap, and for use in your Ultrsonic cleaner. One does all in this soaps case!

Here's my RCA 630 tuner before and after I ultrasonic'd it in Dawn(Dish Detergent)........

-
 -

Dean Kollet
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-12-2004 09:02 PM      Profile for Dean Kollet   Email Dean Kollet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would not use handsoap to wash dishes....it's not a detergent

Manny Knowles

- posted 10-12-2004 10:12 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Diary:

I wonder if Mark cleans his hands ultrasonically, too! [Eek!]

Till the day you die,
Manny.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-12-2004 11:08 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Manny Knowles
I wonder if Mark cleans his hands ultrasonically, too!
Sure, when I reach in the claener to remove something.... my hands get cleaned then. Gets the tough dirt out from under your nails really well [thumbsup] .
Its a rather odd sensation...... [Cool] .

A friend at another web site commented that the tuner wasn't even that clean when it was built in 1946...... I thought good grief.... now I've even removed the original RCA factory dust and dirt, it'll never be the same [Frown] .
Mark

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: