Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Wesley Willis

Author Topic: Wesley Willis
Brandon Willis
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-21-2004 12:51 PM      Profile for Brandon Willis   Email Brandon Willis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone listen to Wesley Willis?

|  IP: Logged

Carl Martin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-22-2004 03:28 AM      Profile for Carl Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Carl Martin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have his greatest hits, volume 2 (i think). haven't listened to it for a while. maybe i will tonight. it's a little, hmm, repetitive. wheaties. the breakfast of champions.

carl

Nate Lehrke
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-22-2004 03:36 AM      Profile for Nate Lehrke   Email Nate Lehrke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love Wesley! Fell into his music trap a few years ago. Love his "music"!

"Wesley Willis is 6 foot 5, weighs between 300 and 350 pounds, and likes to greet people with a headbutt.  Shortly after he made his first album, he was diagnosed with chronic paranoid schizophrenia, and he now claims to have "schizophrenia demons" in his head that take him off of his "harmony joy rides" to put him on "torture hell rides"."

-

Was sad when he died last year though.

Brandon Willis
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-22-2004 01:54 PM      Profile for Brandon Willis   Email Brandon Willis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The greatest hits vol. 3 CD is great! It's got an enhanced CD-ROM with videos and fliers and all kinds of shit. It's got a video of him going into Taco John's corporate office and telling the receptionist that he's a rock star. It's definitely a recommended purchase.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 10-22-2004 03:25 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any relation?

Brandon Willis
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-23-2004 01:54 PM      Profile for Brandon Willis   Email Brandon Willis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately, I'm not related to him in any way.

Philip Wittlief
Film Handler

- posted 10-23-2004 02:14 PM      Profile for Philip Wittlief   Author's Homepage   Email Philip Wittlief   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went bowling with him the first(and possibly only) time he ever bowled in his life. Well I wasn't on the same lane with him but we all went to a 24 hour bowling alley after a show with him. His manager bought him one of those bowling balls that's clear with a skull inside.

Robert L. Fischer
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-24-2004 02:03 AM      Profile for Robert L. Fischer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heinz: America's Favorite Ketchup.

Brandon Willis
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-24-2004 12:48 PM      Profile for Brandon Willis   Email Brandon Willis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have a CD player in the office at work. I've been listening to his albums non-stop for about 2 weeks. A couple of people that I work with have heard of him, but it's always funny to play his music when someone who's never heard of him is in the office. I always get comments like "I can't take much more of this music" and stuff like that. The other day, I had "Suck my Dog's Dick" playing when the armored car courier came in. The look on his face was priceless.

Rock over London, Rock on Chicago. Regal Entertainment Group. It's more than a movie.

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-24-2004 01:57 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brandon,

Far be it from me to tell you what you shoudl or should not listen to, but for your employer's sake, and quite possibly your own.. you may want to think about what you play in an office environment these days.

Really, with song titles like the one you named, you should seriously reconsider your listening preferences at work or the puzzled look on your own face while being named in a lawsuit will be 'priceless'.

We all have to face it, while we don't like it, the whole practice of being "PC" has taken an all new meaning in today's world. [Frown]

I'm going to try and find some of this cat's work online today...

Jason Miller
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-24-2004 06:34 PM      Profile for Jason Miller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was usually because of music choices like that that made music against the rules in many projection booths.

personally.. I liked listening to Oldies.. or 80s hair bands.. nothing like building a print up while Poison belted out "your mama dont dance"

Brandon Willis
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-25-2004 12:13 AM      Profile for Brandon Willis   Email Brandon Willis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like I said, a couple of people that I work with have heard his music, but if anyone objects to it, I turn it off right away. We do this with any music we play in the office. The guy who said he couldn't take much more of it was entirely in a humorous tone.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: