Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » ESPN NFL 2k5

Author Topic: ESPN NFL 2k5
Jeff Akin
Film Handler

- posted 11-01-2004 02:52 AM      Profile for Jeff Akin   Author's Homepage   Email Jeff Akin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone play this very much? I'm going to get hooked up with Xbox Live this week, and wanted to know if anyone might want to play sometime.

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 11-01-2004 03:10 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, even on video game forums, sports games are rarely, if ever, discussed. I love videogames but here are the types of games I avoid:

Crappy games

And yes, the large majority of sports games fall on that list, at least until the next generation of consoles. Instead you should play Out Run 2, Katamari Damacy, Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2, F-Zero GX, Rallisport Challenge 2, Soul Calibur 2, and Burnout 3. All exclusively.

Jeff Akin
Film Handler

- posted 11-01-2004 12:15 PM      Profile for Jeff Akin   Author's Homepage   Email Jeff Akin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just love football games, though. It's action, it's a shooter, it's multiplayer, it's a strategy game, it's even a bit of an rpg. They're just great.

Soul Caliber 2 and F Zero GX are just great!

William Leland III
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-02-2004 11:34 AM      Profile for William Leland III   Author's Homepage   Email William Leland III   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have espn 2k5 for PS2 and it's one of my my favorite games. i don't play online. for $20 you can't beat this game. the graphics are great, players animation are great and the cut scenes are amazing. compared to madden, no contest ESPN 2k5 is the better game. the only problem i have is the game has many glitches, due the rushed production. the problem i have to sack the QB 8 time single a game, i've done this many times but it won't let me have credit for it. many people i have talked to have the same problem also, still a great game.

i just bought Grand Theft Auto : San Andreas. is anyone here playing it? my advice wait until the price drops.

Jeff Akin
Film Handler

- posted 11-02-2004 11:55 PM      Profile for Jeff Akin   Author's Homepage   Email Jeff Akin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't had the sacking glitch, but I've heard of others that have.

I still like Madden for it's Franchise Mode. The Owner aspect just adds so much to the game. If you could integrate that into ESPN, you'd have an amazing football game.

I just picked up the GTA Double Pack with GTA 3 and Vice City. I'll be waiting awhile for San Andreas. Do they change much, or is it pretty much an "expansion" like Vice City was?

William Leland III
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-03-2004 05:13 PM      Profile for William Leland III   Author's Homepage   Email William Leland III   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it's pretty much an expansion pack, new cars, new locations and new story, your bigger,better, badder type of sequeal. the graphics are alittle better than vice city, i only say a little because the dark contrast in san andreas is very dark. i have a 32" sony hdtv and i have to turn the contrast all the way up to see the characters face. it's really a problem.

another problem is the sun. it makes everything orange and if u are driving and the sun gets in your view, it's like in real life you are blinded by the sun. the map is crap, i had hoped they would fix this but guess not.

the game is huge, i like the how you have to keep your character in shape and eat food. it's not a problem as most would think. overall a decent game but i would wait and play GTA III and Vice City to death before buying San Andreas.

Jeff Akin
Film Handler

- posted 11-04-2004 11:23 AM      Profile for Jeff Akin   Author's Homepage   Email Jeff Akin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I still haven't finished with GTA 3, so I've got a good couple of months before San Andreas even really blips the 'ol radar.

Hopefully by then, they'll have addressed the contrast stuff. Seems like they're always rushing the release, and then screwing the pre-orders, or early pick ups.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: