Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Any Aussies Out There

Author Topic: Any Aussies Out There
Jarrod Cocker
Film Handler

- posted 11-03-2004 05:36 AM      Profile for Jarrod Cocker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

I have been a member on this site for 1 day... ok, that was pointless - you can tell anyway [Frown]

So, Im wondering... How many aussies use this site? i've noticed theres a few of you out there. Do any of your know Bruce @ UIP Melbourne Dispatch? I've only ever talked to him over the phone, but he is a ledgend, deffinatley on my xmax card list!!

anyway, I've started to add stuff to the print info post, thats relevant to the crappy australian release scheduel... ie, different print trailers

However:

Do many AUSSIES read this post, some of the info in the post is only relevant to the US release schedual. (tralier etc)

Perhaps we (aussies) should we keep a reqular post going, thats all about the australian release of films... Ie - Different Traierls, Distributors, Print Labs etc, etc

Its probably only worth doing if we have a few aussies on the site that would use the boards regulary...

For example - This week in Australia, 'The Forgotten' is Starting.. The Trailer that is attached to the Film is 'Closer', and the Distributor is Columbia Tri-Star.

This is and example of a reqular Australian Post that we could start!

Instead, should i just continue to bring up OLD posts on the Regular board, with older films that perhaps the US guys dont really care about - months after its left their cinema. and there country.

So far, i've only updated Collateral, Forgotten & Taxi, that has info thats relevant to Australian Releases. I stopped there becasue im thinking, perhaps knowone cares?????

In closing, i will happily start and Australian Post Myself, if another person think its a good idea.

If not, i will happily take a 'slap' in the face, and we'll forget about the whole thing!

But remember - im a newbie, and havent been around long, so if i am out of line, please be nice! [Confused]

|  IP: Logged

Matthew Peters
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-03-2004 06:45 AM      Profile for Matthew Peters   Email Matthew Peters   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jarrod,
Welcome,
Couple of us Assies post here pretty frequently, some read but just don’t post.

Wonder how long it will be before someone bumps up the vegemite thread? [Wink]

Jarrod Cocker
Film Handler

- posted 11-03-2004 07:41 AM      Profile for Jarrod Cocker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So do u look at the Print Info Post for films that dont come to aus for a while... eg - saw, finding neverland... etc

Do u think we should start a regular post? with this info to Aussies?

And yes, im going back through the old post for aussie stuff... right now!

Paul Trimboli
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-03-2004 07:45 AM      Profile for Paul Trimboli   Email Paul Trimboli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Jarrod! I am another Aussie film-techer! I am 19 and from Perth, good to see some more projectionist in my age who care about their job, compared to most! Yeh a good idea to keep up to date with trailers ect for Australian releases! Have you got your cinema using Film-Gaurd?

Jarrod Cocker
Film Handler

- posted 11-03-2004 07:52 AM      Profile for Jarrod Cocker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey paul..

yes - youngies can appreicate the industry too

umm, i only found this site like 3 days ago, and our head techie is in europe at the moment, but i will mention film tech to him when he gets back

i've had a look - great little invention... i think it would help, especialy with 2nd hand prints. Do u use it?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: