Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Michael Moore = Best Picture? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Michael Moore = Best Picture?
Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-11-2004 10:48 PM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know that he was going to try for best picture before the election, but with the outcome of the election not the way he wants it to be, do you think he will still go for Best Picture next year? No politics please...

Also, I saw on November 1st, that one of my PPV channels on my satellite was planning to show F 9/11 and charge people 9.95 for it...Is there anyhthing wrong with a PPV channel doing that so close after the DVD was released?

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 11-11-2004 11:02 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, He will certainly walk away with an award for being the grisliest looking fat person to ever be in film!

Mark

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 11-11-2004 11:22 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well apparently the Golden Globes aren't considering Moore, why should the Academy?

-Aaron

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-12-2004 07:44 AM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Golden GLobes are not considering Moore because they do not have a category for documentaries.

I think the Moore film brought up a lot of good points, but I don't consider it to be a good documentary, so there is no way I would consider it as best picture.

I'm more interested in what the Academy does with THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST.

Greg Davis
Film Handler

- posted 11-12-2004 10:52 AM      Profile for Greg Davis   Email Greg Davis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Considering it is a documentary, I would think he will probably get best documentary. Best picture would be Harold and Kumar go to White Castle, Best sound editing will be Ella Enchanted and best screenplay The Day After Tomorrow.

Lifetime achievement award to that Malcom in the Middle kid!!!!1 lol

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-12-2004 11:57 AM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
He will certainly walk away with an award for being the grisliest looking fat person to ever be in film!
I take it you haven't seen Chris Farley's autopsy photos. [eyes]

I heard today that Moore is making a sequel to Fahrenheit. Even I think that's taking it a bit far (restraining political comments) since this last film prooved to be what everyone was saying from the beginning... Loved by the Dems, avoided by the Reps, not influencing the election, and a vehicle for self-promotion.

Oh my God, did I just say something negative about a liberal?? [Wink]

quote: Greg Davis
Lifetime achievement award to that Malcom in the Middle kid!!!!
Well, his career is basically over anyway. (Unless they make a Cody Banks 3) so why not? [Smile]

=TMP=

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 11-12-2004 11:59 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Moore was not planning to submit his film in the documentary category preferring to go for best pictures. But with the election results, it kind of takes the wind out of the whole thing.

I am most interested in whether Incredibles gets nominated in the Best Picture category. It's about time animated movies get some of the real gold.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 11-12-2004 12:35 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dittos, Mike.
quote: Greg Davis
Considering it is a documentary
It's not a documentary. Moore has said it is a satire (especially when cornered).

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-12-2004 01:40 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I find it funny almost everyone who has a problem with Michael Moore always attacks his appearance.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 11-12-2004 01:42 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's not likely "The Incredibles" will get nominated in the main Best Picture category. This is especially true now that animated films have their own "Best Animated Feature" category. Sure, "Shrek 2" raked in well over $400 million in North American box office ticket sales, but I still think the movie sucked. I think "The Incredibles" would be the favorite to win in that category.

If I recall correctly, "Beauty and the Beast" is the only animated feature ever to be nominated in the Best Picture category.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 11-12-2004 03:52 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Heenan
I find it funny almost everyone who has a problem with Michael Moore always attacks his appearance.
Of course!

I may be fat but he's ugly. At least I can diet!
(I've lost 35 pounds already! 250<285)

Michael Moore should just shut his mouth and go eat another sandwich!

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 11-12-2004 04:29 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Thomas Procyk
I take it you haven't seen Chris Farley's autopsy photos.
Yea but Chris Farley wasn't grizzly like Michael Moore is... Can you imagine what Michael Moore's autopsy photos would like like... stretched out across three tables in the morgue..... [puke]

quote:
Michael Moore should just shut his mouth and go eat another sandwich!

Bwahahaha..... His next show really ought to be a sequel to "Super Size Me"..... called "Fat Soul 911"

Be careful Mike, or we'll be attacking your appearance pretty soon [Eek!] .

Mark

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-12-2004 05:47 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ehh, attack me all you want, it's silly and a waste of time. Hell, I could attack your appearance on a few things but I won't stoop that low.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 11-12-2004 06:20 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
This should answer y'alls question about an Academy nomination request for "Best Picture"...

From the "Hollywood Reporter" Print edition:

-

>>> Phil

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 11-12-2004 06:34 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best SOUND? Good luck!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: